Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-16-2019, 12:55 PM   #21
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kacordy View Post
I installed my swivel base today from Sportmobile. Thank you Fred, Rarebear, for the recommendation. It took me awhile this morning but it works great. On my 2019 MW 22m, which is actually a 2018 Ford E-350 chassis, I had to take a Dremel tool and cut a notch in the black metal cover for the seat belt spool. The box is cosmetic, not structural. I then trimmed the cut edge with rubber trim material. I also cut a piece out of the black mat under the base to make some large washers to cover the white metal a person would see when the new base is installed. I reached under the rubber mat and pulled the insulation out so the new base would sit flat on the floor. I also installed 1/2 inch spacers under the front of the base because the front holes where a little low and I did not want to leave a gap between the front of the base and the floor. It definitely takes the T-55 torx, 15mm on the seat and 18mm on the floor. Here are a few pictures. I want to thank everyone for their posts which allowed me to successfully complete this project. Thanks, Allen
Allen,

Now that you've had the swivel seat in for a couple of months, how do you like it?

It appears the swivel will raise the passenger seat up 3-4" from it's original height. How is this from a comfort stand point when it is in its normal driving position?
tesscr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 12:53 AM   #22
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kacordy View Post
I installed my swivel base today from Sportmobile. Thank you Fred, Rarebear, for the recommendation. It took me awhile this morning but it works great. On my 2019 MW 22m, which is actually a 2018 Ford E-350 chassis, I had to take a Dremel tool and cut a notch in the black metal cover for the seat belt spool. The box is cosmetic, not structural. I then trimmed the cut edge with rubber trim material. I also cut a piece out of the black mat under the base to make some large washers to cover the white metal a person would see when the new base is installed. I reached under the rubber mat and pulled the insulation out so the new base would sit flat on the floor. I also installed 1/2 inch spacers under the front of the base because the front holes where a little low and I did not want to leave a gap between the front of the base and the floor. It definitely takes the T-55 torx, 15mm on the seat and 18mm on the floor. Here are a few pictures. I want to thank everyone for their posts which allowed me to successfully complete this project. Thanks, Allen
Why doesn't Winnebago and other Class C manufacturers off this as an option?
AtleeH is offline   Reply With Quote