Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-07-2020, 08:18 AM   #21
Winnebago Owner

I just drove from Seattle to Houston through WY then returned through Moab Ut. My heavy VG has Fox Shocks, the first gen, Heavy rear sumo and standard front Sumo. I have a Hellwig. The drive was good. Trucks don’t cause issues. Wind is a problem. I slow to 55 in high winds and fight the sway. I have 32000 miles driving this coach.
Old 06-15-2020, 07:39 PM   #22
Winnebago Owner

Had Sumos installed today. What a difference. A little bumpier maybe but it now drives more like a sports car. Amazing.
Dmarcian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 10:04 PM   #23
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmarcian View Post
Had Sumos installed today. What a difference. A little bumpier maybe but it now drives more like a sports car. Amazing.
Good to hear. I Installed the yellow ones on Monday for the rear but have not tested them. Did you install the yellow or the black? Just the back or front as well? I'm still waiting on the back ordered fox shocks so I should have a good gauge of how the Sumos work prior to the shocks.
crah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 05:05 AM   #24
Winnebago Owner

Yellows on the back and black on the front. Have not driven in winds yet but they definitely make a big difference when turning and driving on uneven roads. If you travel light they may make the ride too bouncy for some. We travel relatively heavy (bikes, golf clubs, lots of clothes, etc) and I am relieved to have a heavier duty suspension. I know winds will still move me around, but now in a more controlled way. Maybe it’s my imagination but my 2020 View feels like a softer suspension with more sway than my 2018 Navion.
Dmarcian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 07:36 AM   #25
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmarcian View Post
Yellows on the back and black on the front. Have not driven in winds yet but they definitely make a big difference when turning and driving on uneven roads. If you travel light they may make the ride too bouncy for some. We travel relatively heavy (bikes, golf clubs, lots of clothes, etc) and I am relieved to have a heavier duty suspension. I know winds will still move me around, but now in a more controlled way. Maybe it’s my imagination but my 2020 View feels like a softer suspension with more sway than my 2018 Navion.
I've read that that many that have put the blacks on the front eventually removed them or changed them to the softer blue (sprinter chassis only). I decided not to put any in the front. I am surprised how much the wind moves this View. The 2020's on the new 2019 sprinter VS30 chassis has thicker sway bars than the older chassis, so from the start it should have handled better than the older chassis. I came from a class B and diesel pusher recently and was surprised the View handled the worst. You are right on the soft ride. It handles the bumps much softer than I expected. I've read some posts on the new chassis having the sway bar bolts coming loose due to the bolt being too short. . You may want to check those. If the bolts only have 2-3 threads sticking out the nut, it is the older version bolts and they have new ones for that.
crah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 10:33 AM   #26
Winnebago Owner

Sumo and Hellwig made a big improvement on our Via 25Q

Yes, I can also attest to changes with adding Sumos and a Hellwig sway bar. After 9 years upgrading a corner bed Four Winds, this past December, the DW and I bought a used 2011 Via 25Q to get away from a low mileage gasser to a high mileage diesel, a more streamlined profile and finally a slide out queen size bed we could walk around and make up without climbing over everything just to tuck things in or go to the bathroom during the night.
With the Via we quickly discovered that cross wind and truck sway was a problem. The dogs were motion sick the first full day on the road. We didn't have this issue with the Four Winds to which I added a Blue Ox stabilizer bar to make towing a 4 down Terrain stop the tail wagging the dog. That's another story but anything on a Ford frame will float the trailer hitch making towing a challenge unless you can stabilize the frame mounted hitch to the rear axle.
Anyhow, after lots of research on the Mercedes 3500 frame and Via suspension I added the black SUMOS to the rear and the Blue SUMOS to the front suspension. I also swapped out the factory rear sway bar for a Hellwig bar. The difference was night and day with truck blast and cross winds. Yes it does ride a bit stiffer and not as soft but it certainly solved the scarry white knuckle driving we experienced those first two days of our stormy trip from FL back to northern KY.
I've had it out several times now; running I-71 from Cincinnati to Delaware Ohio and no longer need to worry about an unsuspected passing semi rolling at 80 mph while I'm happy at 65-70.
Geosman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 01:45 PM   #27
Winnebago Watcher

Have a 2015 Class A 37F that I put the Sumo Springs on and it made all the difference in tight turns when going through the mountains. BIG difference when going up a driveway into a gas station. I think they would help just about any length rig and the springs are geared to the length of your ring.
eduran582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 03:46 PM   #28
Winnebago Camper

yeah I hated to take them off but Agile where I bought them recommend to leave the factory ones on and have u read Brian's indepth review on his process. Plus he has wrote up several mods on that myself and others have coppied. Go here then to his mods and check it out.
https://www.viewnavion.com/?fbclid=I...F9_bc7TSkqOD_8

Winnebago Dan 20J
DKDaniels is offline   Reply With Quote