Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-05-2020, 03:41 PM   #1
Winnebago Vita 24P

Sprinter simulator covers

Ok, I have the Simulators on my 2020 Vita Sprinter chassis and everyone seems to love the look but hates the cutting of valve stems, falling off, and having to cable tie them to wheel.
Also they make pressure checks more difficult. I have installed the Borg valve stems, (love them) but was wondering if anyone removes simulators and does something different. Maybe chrome lugs and paint wheel..I don't really want to pay for Alcoa replacement wheels.
Old 04-08-2020, 06:52 AM   #2
HFA
Winnebago Camper

Replaced Wheel Simulators

I had the same thoughts as you with regard to painting the wheels, adding trim rings and chrome lug nuts, but I never really found the pieces I wanted to make it look good. The lug nuts were the hardest to find. I have removed all of the valve extensions and replaced the original simulators with Eagle Flying simulators. They look good and have a different kind of clipping mechanism to hold them on the wheel. Rather than a few clips rivetted to the simulator, these have stainless steel clips all the way around the wheel that are part of the wheel cover. To check and air the rears, I remove the simulators and use a dual chuck. I lost one of the original rear simulators on a trip. The clips became weak and out of shape from being removed and reinstalled for tire rotations and balancing. The new ones are holding on tight with no problems so far.
Old 04-08-2020, 10:37 PM   #3
Winnebago Vita 24P

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFA View Post
I had the same thoughts as you with regard to painting the wheels, adding trim rings and chrome lug nuts, but I never really found the pieces I wanted to make it look good. The lug nuts were the hardest to find. I have removed all of the valve extensions and replaced the original simulators with Eagle Flying simulators. They look good and have a different kind of clipping mechanism to hold them on the wheel. Rather than a few clips rivetted to the simulator, these have stainless steel clips all the way around the wheel that are part of the wheel cover. To check and air the rears, I remove the simulators and use a dual chuck. I lost one of the original rear simulators on a trip. The clips became weak and out of shape from being removed and reinstalled for tire rotations and balancing. The new ones are holding on tight with no problems so far.
thank you, I just hate hubcaps....I was hoping for some painting and chrome nuts.
Old 04-09-2020, 04:35 AM   #4
HFA
Winnebago Camper

I agree with you. Wheel covers are a nuisance. I couldn't find chrome nuts that would fit. I may try again but so far these simulators are doing OK.
Old 04-15-2020, 10:42 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

There are quite a few folks on the Fb page that have painted theirs. Try this link:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/View...?ref=bookmarks
ForestF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 10:25 PM   #6
Winnebago Vita 24P

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForestF View Post
There are quite a few folks on the Fb page that have painted theirs. Try this link:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/View...?ref=bookmarks
Thank you, am going to paint them for next project.
Old 05-18-2020, 05:46 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Would like to see your finished product once you get the painting completed. Please post.....thanks !!!!
HobeVita is offline   Reply With Quote