Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-10-2020, 11:46 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Source of water leaks on 2019 24D View

My View with less than 5K miles began to leak water. I was very fortunate that I listened to my wife before this 2 week journey when she suggested I pack a tool kit. Water not contained in an RV is one, if not its biggest enemy. While at the Thousand Trails in South Lake Tahoe 2 weeks ago and sitting in the RV I hear a dripping noise, at first I thought it could be the Fridge making a new noise. I opened drawers looking for pooling water, nothing, then I remove the lower panel in the pantry, (four screws) and found an elbow fitting on the back of the Truma leaking, not cool with a brand new rig. It wouldn't tighten by hand, and it's plastic of course, so I carefully put a wrench to it and leaking ceased. I then proceeded to dry things out with towels and fortunately I addressed the dripping when I did as there was only a small puddle to deal with. Listen and follow your instincts. I think newer Winnebago's are well engineered, but can be poorly assemble depending on the craftsmen responsible for the build.

On this same trip I noticed a slow dripping behind the right wheel well, what the hell! This one I can't figure out and can't find the source or any evidence of moisture inside the rig. If you know what this is please respond, I'm guessing it's common and may be related to the Fridge???
67Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 12:34 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Two thoughts but depending which right wheel. Front might be from auto AC dripping but back might be frig condensation?
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 12:37 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Sorry, right rear wheel well, I'm thinking Fridge as well but it would be nice to get a confirmation....Cheers
67Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, leaks, water, water leak