Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-26-2020, 01:01 PM   #21
Proud “No Intent” Owner

My manual says nothing about syncing the motors, I just looked again.

However, I did see two videos from Winnebago that describes how to re-synch the motors, and it’s different from what was mentioned, so there seems to be some ambiguity, or, I misread the posts, or were talking about a different system.

This is the video on how to re-synch the motor:
https://youtu.be/lElplxSYDRE

And this is the video about holding the extend/retract button down once the room has reached the end of its run:

https://youtu.be/eBHNg8d9_zo
Old 07-26-2020, 01:28 PM   #22
Winnebago Camper

Good suggestions. For us, it's just me and my wife, and our Yorkie. So, no worries about others getting pinched. And both sides of the slide are equal distances from the side. But I will pay attention every time.

Thanks again,Wayne.
Old 07-27-2020, 10:54 AM   #23
Winnebago Master

Depending on older or new model RV will determine the need for synchronization and the many different models may require different procedures. The videos Wyatt posted are very good. In my particular case it is the second video of holding the switch for a minimum of 5 seconds or longer to synchronize the motors.

I suggest that the manual be read for whatever model on hand, and for further clarification call Winnebago with the serial number and ask their customer care people. I have found them to be very helpful.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 10:30 PM   #24
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Depending on older or new model RV will determine the need for synchronization and the many different models may require different procedures. The videos Wyatt posted are very good. In my particular case it is the second video of holding the switch for a minimum of 5 seconds or longer to synchronize the motors.

I suggest that the manual be read for whatever model on hand, and for further clarification call Winnebago with the serial number and ask their customer care people. I have found them to be very helpful.
Hi Wayne, so this video for syncing doesn’t apply to your rig?

Interesting, how they put one video out, but don’t clarify that’s not for all...

https://youtu.be/lElplxSYDRE
Old 07-29-2020, 12:42 PM   #25
Winnebago Master

Wyatt, No that is not what I have to use to "align" my motors.

I have 3 slides, two have Shwintek controllers with ons slide having power gear floating rack and pinion type slide teeth and the other having a Shwintek controller with the "wavy" Shwintex slide rack. The big large slide on the driver side is the Power Gear slide.

On our first long trip for the summer the living room slide with PG rack failed. Eventually it was determined that it was a motor that failed. I diverted my trip and went to LCI Elkhart because I could not get in anywhere else on the East Coast (sucks but that is the way it is. More later.) At LCI this is what they told me.

"Never stop on and change directions as it messes up the memory. Always go full out or full in. If you have to stop make sure you continue in the same direction.

When extending or retracting, when the slide stops continue to hold the switch in that position for 5 seconds or longer. This keeps the motors aligned in memory

The memory program works on RPM's and if one is at 98rpms and the other motor is at 100 it will only get worse and will require re-learning."

Since the replacement in 2017 and my operating the slide they way I described I have not had a problem since the replacement.

Regarding the "more later" statement. I tried many different places on the East Coast to get in and have the motor replaced. They all said the same thing. "We only take those RV's that were purchased from us." I have even found that to be true in our area of Texas, not all, but some.

Just got off the phone with Lippert and yes there is a video showing the rocking of the switch to align the motor but he specifically told me that the way I was doing it is the way he would tell people to do it. Retract and extend and holding the button in for a minimum of 5 seconds and listen for the motors to finish alignment.

Lippert's phone number is 574-537-8900 if anyone wants to check on their system. (or me)
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 05:56 PM   #26
RV2
Winnebago Camper

Slide all the way in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siman00 View Post
OK, yours look exactly like mine. You have the same 1" protrusion, making the slide non-flish.

Never having seen a new one retracted, I want sure if mine was OK or not. Based on your pics, I'd say ours is OK. I'm relieved. Thank you.
Our Itasca Sunova 30A has a similar appearance, the curbside slide protrudes approx 1”, and drivers side is flush. Been that way since we took delivery. Why? I’m not sure. We’ve had the slide motors replaced on the curbside and still the slide isn’t flush.

Happy to have our RV during COVID19!!

Mark
New Bern, NC
RV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 01:54 PM   #27
Winnebago Camper

Actually mine sticks out close to 2 inches. Doesn't appear to cause any problems.
68SILVER is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide