Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-15-2016, 07:35 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Side view video camera system

I have a 2016 Sunstar LX 35F with the SideView Video Camera system connected to the Pioneer AVH-X2700BS01 Radio. I contacted Poineer with this question but was told that " they don't have a video switcher in our unit" and for me to contact Winnebago.
My question is it takes about 8-10 seconds for the video to come on each time I turn on the right or left turn signal. I love this safety signal, but wish that it would turn on immediately like my car system works. Is this normal? Is there something that can be done to speed up this video signal?
Has anyone else experienced this and was able to fix?
mikeannetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 08:31 AM   #2
Winnebago Watcher

How is the video after it does turn on? Double check your wiring and cables? I'll be interested to see other suggestions...

Sorry I can't help more!
RV_Fan33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 09:42 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

I'll let you know. I did send the mirror manufacturer "Velvac.com" customer service this question. Lets see what they have to say! Thanks
Old 11-15-2016, 01:50 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Side Cameras

2011 Meridian had the side view cameras. The block out the view of the rear camera, which is the most useful, Side view camera usually gives you a nice view of a sidewalk or ditch, neither of which are useful. I opened the dash and just behind the radio was the connection box that controls the cameras. Removed the 2 cables for the 2 side cameras and now everything works as needed (No side cameras blocking out view of rear)
lwasouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 05:55 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Our 2016 Vista LX 27N with the same radio has the same delay. Not aware of a fix. Side cameras pretty much useless
Honwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 09:38 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

I don't have that issue on my 2014 but I don't have the Pioneer radio. I have a Jensen.
I would take a look at the control box which is in the dash somewhere near the radio. It should have 3 black cables coming into it along with a power cable and an output cable going to the radio. Check the connections and make sure they are tight.
Old 11-19-2016, 02:07 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Possible Fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeannetta View Post
I have a 2016 Sunstar LX 35F with the SideView Video Camera system connected to the Pioneer AVH-X2700BS01 Radio. I contacted Poineer with this question but was told that " they don't have a video switcher in our unit" and for me to contact Winnebago.
My question is it takes about 8-10 seconds for the video to come on each time I turn on the right or left turn signal. I love this safety signal, but wish that it would turn on immediately like my car system works. Is this normal? Is there something that can be done to speed up this video signal?
Has anyone else experienced this and was able to fix?
" I did 2 things that not sure which one helped the most? I upgraded the Pioneer Radio's Firmware to Version 8.50 that was released July 22 2016. I also had the Backup Camera video on all the time while driving. I turned that off and it now take about 2-3 seconds to show the directional image. This is much more acceptable! "

Tags
camera