Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-23-2020, 01:00 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Shower surround leakage in '14 Navion G

My '14 Navion iQ G model has an annoying water seepage at the bottom of the shower surround. It seeps from behind the bottom of the vertical panel into the shower pan either with the pump on or on city water, and there are no signs of water leakage elsewhere. The leakage seems independent of the shower usage.

I had an earlier leak coming from under the shower pan that only happened when the water pump was on, but it produced a trickle across the floor and I was able to trace it to a hard-to-reach plastic connector which I tightened with great difficulty.

This leak is not going anywhere other than down the shower drain at this point, but I want to fix if I can before it gets worse or spreads. I have an urge to peel back the shower surround to look behind it but I'm concerned about the unintended consequences.

Anyone encountered this problem and found a solution?

At 83k miles, I still love this RV, but I notice that my minor maintenance to-do list gets longer every time I take it out.

Thank you for any advice you can offer,

john
14NiQ-G
Mtn View CA
john_Navion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 04:04 PM   #2
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by john_Navion View Post
My '14 Navion iQ G model has an annoying water seepage at the bottom of the shower surround. It seeps from behind the bottom of the vertical panel into the shower pan either with the pump on or on city water, and there are no signs of water leakage elsewhere. The leakage seems independent of the shower usage.

I had an earlier leak coming from under the shower pan that only happened when the water pump was on, but it produced a trickle across the floor and I was able to trace it to a hard-to-reach plastic connector which I tightened with great difficulty.

This leak is not going anywhere other than down the shower drain at this point, but I want to fix if I can before it gets worse or spreads. I have an urge to peel back the shower surround to look behind it but I'm concerned about the unintended consequences.

Anyone encountered this problem and found a solution?

At 83k miles, I still love this RV, but I notice that my minor maintenance to-do list gets longer every time I take it out.

Thank you for any advice you can offer,

john
14NiQ-G
Mtn View CA
Is the leak from behind the shower wall that goes into the pan, on the same wall as the shower valves? If so, a leaky connection could be a culprit. And it may still be the culprit if water then seeps around to another wall where it finds an easier exit point into your shower.

How much water are we talking about?
Old 12-17-2020, 01:30 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Update on shower seepage

I want to update the investigation of the water seepage into the shower pan that I reported earlier for all those who have been anxiously awaiting further news. In short, I've done something but not sure it works.

I did check the other obvious source for the water seep, the shower faucet connections, but detected no leakage. On closer inspection I found that the original caulking around the shower pan where it mates with the wall panels was cracked or sufficient, so I removed that layer and re-caulked it with silicon caulk. But I've not used the RV since so don't know how effective this was. While I was removing the caulking, water continued to seep from the pan-wall interface but eventually dried. My assumption is that shower water was getting sucked or wicked up through the old caulking and so far, just sitting unused, no seepage has been noted.

So that's the status until my next RV outing,

John
14NiQ-G
Mtn View CA
john_Navion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 09:37 AM   #4
Winnebago Vita 24P

I would suspect you may be inadvertently trapping water in the wall now. I would check the shower valves, by removing and see if the fittings are tight. They well may be leaking water down the enclosure.

Tags
leak, shower