Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-04-2019, 11:26 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Short queen sheets vs. normal size on 22m. Bug screens to cover outside furnace...

Hello again. Few simple questions need a little help with.
Ok, the queen bed on the Winnie Minnie 22m is 5" shorter than a normal queen.
You know that felt type stuff that holds the 2 included mattresses on the slide out platform queen bed?
If extra material is tucked in there, will they slide around?
Is there a need to get the short queen sheets?
I'd also like to put a mattress cover on first, but wondering if too much material will cause the bottom cushion to move around, which would not be good.
Would like to put allergy covers, or some type of cover over the 2 bed cushions initially, but afraid they won't stay put at all without the bottom felt friction, would appreciate any advice.
Do any of you have additional bed toppers, or foam type things you've used on top of the bed for extra comfort? Was one needed? Totally other question: I ordered, took a while to figure out the sizes, the bug screens for the furnace, refrigerator & hot water heater outdoor vents, of course i called the appliance companies after the fact, they said not to put them on, it will void the warranties. Do I save them & use after the warranties have ended? Have heard horror stories of bee & bug infiltration that caused a lot of problems. Any advice? Thanks so much.
CantTakeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 06:36 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I installed Camco covers on my refrigerator and furnace. I fashioned a piece of window screen to the inside of the water heater door. They work well. Before that I had a wasp nest inside my fridge the first year. If you're worried about warranty issues just remove them before going to your dealer for service.
Terry
Dentkimterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 10:22 PM   #3
Site Team

We have the short-queen sheets and the short-queen pillow-topper. The combination is solid and does not slide. If you try it with any of your aforementioned standard-queen combinations, please let us know if it does slide-around.
Old 06-12-2019, 05:26 PM   #4
2018 Minnie Winnie 22M

Just after buying our 2018 MW 22M, we ended up buying a short queen sheet set off of Amazon, along with a thick short queen mattress pad. To finish it off, we bought a 3" foam mattress topper from Camping World on line that we have under the mattress pad. The combination has made for a very comfortable night's sleep in cold or warm weather.

I highly recommend the fitted short queen sheets, as the fitted sheets hold the mattress halves together and there's no concern that the sheets will pull out. I can't imagine not having them. However the short queen top sheets can't really be tucked it at the bottom as I like as the mattress overhangs the end of the bed by a couple of inches and there isn't enough fabric left to wrap around and tuck under. We have noticed absolutely no sliding around when the bed is set up.

Although I've done it by myself, it's much easier to make the bed - or put the bed together - with a partner, if only the help of putting the sheets on the head the bed, or to pull up the front half of the mattress when getting ready to retract the slide out.

I love my rig!
mcfflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 08:01 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

We took 2 regular fitted queen sheets and wrapped each mattress section separately. On the smaller head board section, we started from bottom side at head, wrapped around where the 2 sections come together and back to head. On larger foot board section, we started from foot of the top side, around end where the sections meet, and back under to the foot. Sheet is not long enough to each foot so we safety pinned it. Being separate, it makes arranging to let slide in easy and we don’t have to install a sheet every time. We’ve not had any issues with the sections moving.

We’ve had several week long trips where we break camp to sight see daily so we put slide in/out a lot.
blifsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 08:17 PM   #6
2018 Minnie Winnie 22M

Actually, our process with the fitted short queen works quickly and easily. With the forward half of the mattress on top of the bottom half, we put on the foam topper, mattress pad and the fitted sheet. Push the top half of the mattress into position. Then fit the bottom of the mattress pad and the sheet on the bottom. Bed made. When it's time to move, untuck the bottom of the sheet and the mattress pad, fold it with the foam topper over on top of the front half of the mattress, then pull he front half of the mattress up by the side straps. Pull it up, retract the slide out. Then when you're ready to put it out again, put the slide out out, push the top portion of the mattress into position, unfold the mattress topper, mattress pad and sheet back out and tuck them. Simple as can be. And in fact, that's where we will be sleeping tonight - in our driveway while the house remodel continues!
mcfflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 12:39 PM   #7
VFW Post 8639 Okolona Ken

Sheet's

Someone told us to buy regular bed sheets not the queen size they fit ours a little tight but it worked fine
tallmantwo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, furnace, scr