Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-07-2019, 03:04 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Sewer Hose that fits Minnie?

I bought a new Sewer hose for my Minnie but it will not slide past bumper mount inside the 3 3/4 bumper. What brand should I get that will fit? The Rhino Flex does not slide past the internal bolt of the bumper. Thanks, Allen
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	97170F02-D2D0-4FBF-B868-8D70F5F0375C.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	275.6 KB
ID:	171360  
Kacordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 08:41 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Most 10' long sewer hoses should fit - you have a 20'. An alternate for your bumper is to replace it with a 6" square PVC fence post. Lots more room for sewer fittings.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 07:30 PM   #3
Scofflaw

I cut the end (not the connector that attaches to MH) off my Rhino Flex and use an adapter to connect to dump station. The plain hose slides past the bumper bolt, fits into bumper, adapter goes in a zip-lock bag.

Adapter: Camco Easy Slip
roddenby51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 10:17 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Thank you Phil for the suggestion. I will keep the new hose and follow your instructions. Allen
Old 04-09-2019, 10:22 PM   #5
Site Team

I store my sewer hose in a plastic bin with a lid (please see photo below). The Minnie Winnie 22M openly ventilates to the lower hold, so the lid helps keep any stray odors in the left-hand bin at bay. I don't bother to lid-over the right-hand bin. I have considered using the purpose-built sewer-storage tube, but it would compromise my ground clearance.
Eagle5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 07:23 AM   #6
Minnie Winnie 26A

Hose storage

On my 26a the sewer hoses also does not fit in the bumper. It is due to the metal backing plate inside the bumper. The 10 foot house does not fit , even collapsed. I think a 5-footer would fit on the port and starboard side. But that's it.
GaryKowal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 08:56 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

It’s absolutely unbelievable that they would engineer and build a bumper that will not except a sewer hose. Super Frustrating!
Old 04-14-2019, 04:20 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by roddenby51 View Post
I cut the end (not the connector that attaches to MH) off my Rhino Flex and use an adapter to connect to dump station. The plain hose slides past the bumper bolt, fits into bumper, adapter goes in a zip-lock bag.

Adapter: Camco Easy Slip
I did the same thing, works fine, but it is kinda of a bummer that Winnie can't get this right.
Snakebite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 05:07 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Had the same problem with my 2018 Minnie 22m, bought titan would not fit even after filing down nubs on end, finally solved the problem by buying a rhino flex which by the way is a superior hose, trick is you have to get the rhino flex with the locking rings on it, walmart had both, this way you can use lock ring to take end off and slide in bumper, works perfect, just be sure your box says locking rings. I bought a 10 ft extension with locking rings and stored it in bumper as well. Good luck, love our new 22m.
kcscriv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 07:24 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

I have a similar problem with my 2019 Sunstar - the rhino hose will not pass through the fitting/hole in the water compartment. That rhino hose sure is wide! It’s a shame as the rhino fittings are very well built and is seems a shame to have to chop the end off it! Dunno if it’s Winnie or rhino who need to change.
keithpollard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 07:47 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Does yours have the locking rings if so unlock and remove end and it will go right in no problem.
Old 04-14-2019, 08:42 PM   #12
2015 Itasca Spirit 27QP

The older models had welded brackets on the bumper and took up no space on the bumper interior. Then someone had a better idea. Let's bolt the bumpers on and not check to see what's affected. Duh! In a perfect world, the bumpers would have been made 1/4" larger or the sewer hoses 1/4" smaller. So in our current reality, nothing changed and the standard sewer hoses no longer fit inside the bolted-on standard bumpers.

I decided to build my own carrier out of 5" PVC fence post, 8 feet long. Used the accessory end caps, screwed onto one end and held in place on the other by a length of bungee cord mounted on the sides of the post's exterior using plastic cable clamps, bolted from inside to outside. I drilled a half dozen 1/8" breather holes in the bottom quadrants of the caps. The square post is bolted to the underside of the coach, forward of the bumper and mounted to the frame using 1" x 1/8" aluminum strapping wrapped around the post and fastened using stainless bolts, washers and lock nuts. The pipe holds two 10' lengths of collapsible hose, end caps and a 90 degree coupling and 3"-4" threaded adaptor. I used an 8' length of plastic gutter that just fits inside the square post and installed a piece of 3/8" wood dowel at each end of the gutter to keep the hose in place and act as a handle for extraction. Pull back the end cap and flip it down to access the hose-filled gutter. This system has been working great for 3 1/2 years and 30,000 miles.
JoeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 09:07 PM   #13
Winnebago Camper

Agreed!! Same problem
SKIPPERFRANK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 09:14 PM   #14
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeC View Post
The older models had welded brackets on the bumper and took up no space on the bumper interior. Then someone had a better idea. Let's bolt the bumpers on and not check to see what's affected. Duh! In a perfect world, the bumpers would have been made 1/4" larger or the sewer hoses 1/4" smaller. So in our current reality, nothing changed and the standard sewer hoses no longer fit inside the bolted-on standard bumpers.

I decided to build my own carrier out of 5" PVC fence post, 8 feet long. Used the accessory end caps, screwed onto one end and held in place on the other by a length of bungee cord mounted on the sides of the post's exterior using plastic cable clamps, bolted from inside to outside. I drilled a half dozen 1/8" breather holes in the bottom quadrants of the caps. The square post is bolted to the underside of the coach, forward of the bumper and mounted to the frame using 1" x 1/8" aluminum strapping wrapped around the post and fastened using stainless bolts, washers and lock nuts. The pipe holds two 10' lengths of collapsible hose, end caps and a 90 degree coupling and 3"-4" threaded adaptor. I used an 8' length of plastic gutter that just fits inside the square post and installed a piece of 3/8" wood dowel at each end of the gutter to keep the hose in place and act as a handle for extraction. Pull back the end cap and flip it down to access the hose-filled gutter. This system has been working great for 3 1/2 years and 30,000 miles.

Where did you get the PVC fencepost, Joe? Lowes? I'd like to do the same as you did.
Old 04-14-2019, 09:30 PM   #15
Winnebago Camper

Why go through all that work get hose with lock rings and use your bumper?
Old 04-14-2019, 10:05 PM   #16
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeC View Post

I had done the exact same thing about four years ago on our 5th and then again on our Minnie 22R. Works very well.
rarebear.nm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 04:42 PM   #17
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle5 View Post
I store my sewer hose in a plastic bin with a lid (please see photo below). The Minnie Winnie 22M openly ventilates to the lower hold, so the lid helps keep any stray odors in the left-hand bin at bay. I don't bother to lid-over the right-hand bin. I have considered using the purpose-built sewer-storage tube, but it would compromise my ground clearance.

I would not keep my fresh water hose in the same compartment with the sewer hose even if is closed.
Just sayin
Ret.LEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 04:48 PM   #18
Winnebago Owner

In my rigs nothing sewer related ever is stored in any compartment or basement area. I use dedicated external storage tubes for all of it.
rarebear.nm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 06:25 PM   #19
2015 Itasca Spirit 27QP

For AKeagle. You have the exact model as mine, an Itasca 27QP. It's been almost 4 years since I built the unit, I think that I got just about everything at Lowes (as I get almost everything there). I have pictures. I think that you can private message me. If so, I will send pictures via private messaging.
JoeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 11:34 AM   #20
Winnebago Camper

Yes, that worked, just one more step to set up. Thanks
keithpollard is offline   Reply With Quote