Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-26-2021, 08:33 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Sewer Hose Storage 22m

Good Morning all. Any good solutions for sewer hose storage. I currently keep it in separate container and stored in main storage at rear. Takes too much room and have to take stored items out to access. I am considering and afetr market sewer stoage system which can attach to rear bumper. Any ideas for my 22m. Thanks Barry
Bugzapr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 10:06 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

I’m not sure if you have a hollow rear bumper to store it. However, I purchased a Camco 40310 magnetic bumper cap set. Why I like this is, the magnetic cap has lugs built into the cap to hook to the bayonet end of the hose. It allows easy pull out without having fish the hose out. Also the cap is ventilated to help the hose dry out.
$8.96 on Amazon.
Terrific422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 11:01 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

I don't have a 22M but I don't think the model matters much. I bought one of these:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'm going to mount mine under the frame but you could also mount it on the bumper.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 07:07 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Sewer Hose Storage

I added the Valterra Adjustable EZ Hose Carrier from Amazon $47 on top of my rear bumper which works great as displayed by my beautiful wife!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	A440154F-FFFC-474A-B823-AF8AF2144E30.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	150.3 KB
ID:	180936  
Boale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 08:55 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Thank You, Looks like a good solution. Will the elbow fit in the hose carrier as well. I have 20 foot rhino flex hose which will not fit into the bumper. and yes your wife did a good job in modeling. Thank You Barry
Old 09-27-2021, 09:19 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

I’m not sure. I keep the elbow in a separate container with disposable gloves, etc. I can check back later. I’m out of town visiting family without the RV.
Boale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 09:55 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Thank you, I will check that out. Appreciate your responses. Thanks Barrry
Old 09-27-2021, 10:05 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

I have a 22R and mounted a 6 x 6 PVC fence post underneath to store the Sewer hose in.

But I just bought a 5 inch bumper from Mount-n-Lock.

https://mount-n-lock.com/all-product...ent-bumper-kit
Old 09-27-2021, 02:37 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

I have the blue presto-o-fit sewer hose and it fits into the 2018 22M bumper without elbow attached. Elbow is kept in small container in the same space as electric cord. It is easy to press fit it to the sewer hose for dumping.
blifsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 06:04 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugzapr View Post
Thank You, Looks like a good solution. Will the elbow fit in the hose carrier as well. I have 20 foot rhino flex hose which will not fit into the bumper. and yes your wife did a good job in modeling. Thank You Barry
We mounted our Valterra extendable sewer hose holder on top of our 22M bumper as well. It’s so much more convenient now. As to the elbow, ours would not fit in the holder. We bought a small waterproof bag and keep it in that while it’s in the rear storage compartment.
Raxel7851 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 06:18 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Thank you all for your input. Just retired 2 months ago. We just purchased this 22m and are so far happy with it. We have made two trips so far with many more to go. Nice to know we are not alone and can ask and recieve support. Thanks again, Barry
Old 10-03-2021, 04:22 PM   #12
Winnebago Watcher

After much experimenting my friend and I have a solution that works for our Minnie Winnie 22r and 22m models with the 4" square storage tube/bumper. The Rhino and all other systems we could not get to fit but this combination does fit:

Camco15' HD Sewer Hose and Fitting.....#39691

Camco Slip Elbow and Adapter......#39144

Camco Storage Caps.....#39753

The inside of the bumper/storage tube has protruding bolts and nuts which prevent larger diameter fittings from working. Once the hose is assembled I insert it into the bumper by turning the elbow with the cap and flat side down. I used large zip ties on all the fittings instead of the metal ones which come with the camco fittings because they then make it too large. 3 years for both of us with no problems and no need to add any additional bumper storage tubes. At least buy the elbow and you will see that it will fit if inserted face down and carefully slid into the bumper.....bob
MW22r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 04:44 PM   #13
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpe Tunes View Post
I have a 22R and mounted a 6 x 6 PVC fence post underneath to store the Sewer hose in.

But I just bought a 5 inch bumper from Mount-n-Lock.

https://mount-n-lock.com/all-product...ent-bumper-kit

Exactly what I did for our 27Q. In addition I put a length of PVC eve trough in the 6 x 6 with a short piece of dowel across the ends for use as handles.
When I want to access the hose, I pull down the end cap on the post cover (its secured with a very short bungee cord), and slide the trough out a few feet to access the hose.
akeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 05:32 PM   #14
Winnebago Owner

Have a 22M and looked @ most suggestions. I have settled for the hose and fittings in a tote box in storage compartment.

1. The Camco under bumper mount turns out to be one is the lowest elevation in the under carriage at the rear of the 22M and is exposed to "bottoming out" on road entry and exit ramps.

2. The "fence post" mounted under the chassis is marginally better than (1) above, has to be mounted diagonally to avoid the slide out and other under-chassis items. No room for connectors.

3. There is an item known as a "Homz Holiday Wreath Plastic Storage Box" on Amazon (minimum purchase of 3 each) that the sewer hose and fittings fit in but it is too large to fit in the storage compartments. It is also bright red and very noticeable when bunggied onto the roof ladder.

4. Navion doesn't have suitable rear bumbler for fittings without major mods, also the trailer hitch and spare tire mount interferes with hose mounting.
Shedboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 09:01 PM   #15
Winnebago Owner

I bought this sewer hose storage unit when I had a pull behind unit. Now I have have a motorhome and it is mounted in one of the pass thru areas. When I bought it I ordered it direct from the manufacturer. I see now they have other locations that you have to but it from.

https://dwincorp.com/product/super-s...le-super-tube/
spierce617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 01:16 PM   #16
Winnebago Camper

25B here. The mount bolts for the bumper don't allow the hose to be slid in unless you remove the hose elbow as I have done. I keep a hose to use at dump stations with no end on it (ever) in the drivers side half of the bumper and my "hookups" hose goes in the other end with no elbow end on it. I put the elbow and adaptor on that hose when using (rarely) hookups.
paof6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
storage