Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-20-2019, 05:21 AM   #21
Winnebago Owner

We’ve been using the Blueline press fit hose it it fits fine. Our old hose did not.
blifsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 06:05 AM   #22
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by blifsey View Post
We’ve been using the Blueline press fit hose it it fits fine. Our old hose did not.

Bingo! The simple low cost solution is to not purchase the more expensive sewer hoses with the big clunky oversized ends but go with the ones that have the more standard sized fittings.

Otherwise cut down the oversized tabs sticking out of the oversized fittings so they will fit or replace them with more standard sized lower profile fittings. You may even be able to just transfer the fittings from the original Winnebago hose to a new hose since its the hose that usually springs pin hole leaks and not the fittings that fail.
Old 06-20-2019, 07:51 AM   #23
2015 Itasca Spirit 27QP

I pointed out this problem to the dealer in 2015, when I bought my Itasca Spirit 27QP, and it probably existed before that when Winnebago decided to bolt the bumpers on instead of welding them. This issue is not going to be fixed any time soon.
JoeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 09:33 AM   #24
Winnebago Camper

On my first tow-able I had the same issue. What I did was purchase a 6" X 5' PVC with screw off end caps and mounted it to the bottom of the bumper. Much easier to remove and replace the hose(s). Even went so far as to paint it black to blend in with the bumper. Hope this helps. Thinking of this, I believe you can purchase these already made up at Camping World, or search the internet.
dehnernc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 11:37 PM   #25
Minnie Winnie 26A

I am surprised that so many people have gone through the effort of adding tubes under the RV for hose storage or removed bumpers to ground out the bolts or welded and painted etc... . Lots of work to do that. As Blifsey said in the above post he uses Blueline press fit hoses and no problem storing. I followed his advise and for $47 (Amazon) I have new Prest-O-Fit Sewer hoses (2 ten footers plus ends) that fit in my Winnebago Minnie Winnie 26A bumper. Problem solved. (Anybody want to buy some used Camco Rhino sewer hose? https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
GaryKowal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 07:22 AM   #26
2015 Itasca Spirit 27QP

I also chose not to rot out my bumper from putting wet gear inside of it and driving off. I'll take the 5" square PVC fencepost solution any day. It really wasn't all that difficult or expensive, of course, these are relative terms. But if you can't handle a small project like this one, you probably should rethink owning an RV.
JoeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 08:16 AM   #27
Winnebago Owner

IMHO, the sewer hose does not belong in the bumper.......simple fixes like the fence post, also Camping World sells the " The Valterra Adjustable EZ Hose Carrier" cheap and easy to install. On my 2 travel trailers I used the "fence post" concept; drilled a few holes in the fence post itence post black with plastic paint mounted it to the bumper (underneath) with heavy duty UV resistant zip ties - also black - I used the same fence post from March 2010 through March 2018 on 2 different TT's. Traded the TT in March 2018 for the Minnie Winnie 31K and put the Valterra on. Cost = $66 time to install 1 hour. Easy peasy and no slimey residue rusting the bumper.