Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-22-2015, 05:15 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Rear view camera

I need some help - The rear view camera does not work when the camera mode is selected from the NAV screen. The left and right cameras work and all that I get when the rear camera is selected is a washed out screen. When I use the AUX mode the rear camera works fine. It seems like there are not enough video output cables coming off of the NAV head unit. The converter box has a left, right and rear camera connection but no separate connection for the rear camera in the camera mode. All of the wires are properly connected - just seems like there are not enough video cables coming off of the NAV head unit.
Old 03-22-2015, 06:19 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46490 View Post
I need some help - The rear view camera does not work when the camera mode is selected from the NAV screen. The left and right cameras work and all that I get when the rear camera is selected is a washed out screen. When I use the AUX mode the rear camera works fine. It seems like there are not enough video output cables coming off of the NAV head unit. The converter box has a left, right and rear camera connection but no separate connection for the rear camera in the camera mode. All of the wires are properly connected - just seems like there are not enough video cables coming off of the NAV head unit.
Are you still in warranty? If so, don't fool around. Get it to someone who knows the system.
Old 03-23-2015, 06:18 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

If you are savy with schematics then look them up on the Winnebago home page. They are very well written and should help you with your issue.
The other question is, has it worked before? If so what has changed? Could this be Operator Error? Was the MH in reverse when testing?
Don't hate the player, hate the game. these are the questions that should be asked and answered to get to the route of the problem
Old 03-23-2015, 06:25 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

If it is like our camera the sides and rear go to the switch then one lead fro the switch to the monitor. Have you tried swapping a side camera connection with the rear to see if the problem is the camera, wire to it or the switch?
Our switch is buried up under the dash and attached with Velcro.
HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 07:29 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

I just had a nagging thought that the rear camera will not work in the camera mode unless the coach is in reverse - could it be than simple - I will check it out and post the results.
Old 03-25-2015, 10:38 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
I just had a nagging thought that the rear camera will not work in the camera mode unless the coach is in reverse - could it be than simple - I will check it out and post the results.
The default on ours is the rear camera. It will switch to a side when the left/right signals are used or to the rear when in reverse but when parked or driving it is on the rear camera.
HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 12:22 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

My rear camera will work when driving down the road but I have to have the radio switch on (volume down) Otherwise it works when I put it in Reverse.
camato5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 06:27 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Not true. It is your rear view mirror. You need to see the toad as you travel. Please call the Winnebago help line. You NEED to get this resolved before your next trip. This is a safety issue. I wish I could be of more help. Please do keep us posted.

Service Administration

(800) 537-1885

Rick Y
Old 03-27-2015, 11:48 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Well the thought of putting in in reverse didn't make a difference. I contacted River Park @800-442-7717 and was told that a new switch box CVS-325-01 needs to replace the current switch box and hopefully warranty will cover it.
Old 03-28-2015, 08:38 AM   #10
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Well the thought of putting in in reverse didn't make a difference. I contacted River Park @800-442-7717 and was told that a new switch box CVS-325-01 needs to replace the current switch box and hopefully warranty will cover it.
Always helps to ask the right question to the correct audience. Good job and correct answer.... finally! Looking forward to the successful end of this adventure.

Rick Y
Old 05-02-2015, 10:46 AM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Rearview Camera fuses '02 Journey

For others with similar issue:
2002 Winnebago Journey 36C.
Two Fuses for our Sony unit, one is in-line, accessible after remove dash around display.
Other fuse is under hood in automotive fuse control panel, 10 amp labeled IGN-1. Check this first, easiest to get at.
Old 05-05-2015, 08:53 AM   #12
Winnebago Owner

Update

I received a new electronic control module, I installed it and the camera works as advertised!!!!
Old 05-06-2015, 07:56 AM   #13
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Update

I received a new electronic control module, I installed it and the camera works as advertised!!!!
Love a good ending to a sad story.

Happy trails.

Rick Y

Tags
camera