Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-21-2021, 01:40 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Really interested in a Winnie Ekko

Hi all,

Hope all is well today?

Ever since I first heard about the Ekko I have consumed as much content as I could about it.

We are the proud owners of an Itasca Latitude class A gas pusher which we love and adore but it's nearly time to get what I have wanted since I was old enough to drive, that is a sub 25ft class c/b on a AWD/4x4.

We looked at sprinters in the past but the exposed plumbing and getting a sprinter serviced was an issue. A short Dyanmax iIsata 5 would be a great option also (but 50k more, and.muxh longer)..

In no order this is what I love about it.

1. Twin beds.
2. Dual awnings.
3. 4 season capable for both camping and driving.
4. Drivers safety aids (my A does not even have air bags).
5. Length, width and height.
6. Solar, batteries and insulation.
7. Transit chassis I grew up in Europe so have driven them.
8. I do prefer the 24c with a dry bath and slide, I have been told it will be available again. I know this will be heavier.

We spend 60 plus nights in our A ranging from 3 nights to 10 nights, but its always one spot or we move once..

The icing on cake is that I can build a small barn for it due to its height and length, for my A it goes to. Indoor winter storage.

It will be 2-3 years before I can afford one though, which means I may be able get a gentlly used one.

We tow a 4 door JKU Jeep Wrangler modded for medium. Off road duty (not a rock crawler). It weighs in at 4750lbs with our kayaks. With with Ekko we would only tow if we needed the Jeep or going off roading.

Anyone seen one in the flesh?

Have a great day,
Ekko watcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 08:12 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

It is a good RV if you do not plan on cooking your meals inside as the galley area is very small as is the amount of pantry storage. Dinette area is also quite small. Considering that it sells for as much as a Navion, it does not seem to provide much value. It does have twice as much solar charging capacity and a two-burner LP cooktop which is a big improvement over the Navion.

It also has the step up much like the Leisure Travel Vans Unity twin bed model which makes for a low ceiling and difficulty getting to the toilet at night and back safely. It is the price one pays for the large storage areas below the bedroom area.

A used model RV is going to save you at least $40,000 and no need to wait for the Ekko to be available as a used model. For towing I would prefer a Class C built on the Ford 450 chasis cab as they have a much greater towing capacity and a much larger fuel tank, with 50-55 gallons as compared to only 31 gallons for the Ekko.
Elkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 04:57 AM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks Elkman,

I was thinking about this earlier and one rainy day could lead to trouble in paradise Also found out it may not be able to tow a Jeep Wrangler, we us one to get in to some really out of the way hiking spots which I would not even take my 4x4 Expedition and definitely not an ekko.

Anyways it's a moot point now as it will.be along while before I can afford one. Even the 60k I paid for my class A was a lot of cash.

Coming from a 37.5ft class A I think the sweet spot would be a 30ft super c diesel.

Thanks,
Ekko watcher is offline   Reply With Quote