Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-21-2020, 08:07 PM   #41
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsantore View Post
Great info. I’ll need to receive my coach before the photos will ‘click’ for me. Having never seen this vehicle in person, I’ll need some hands on time before all this makes sense. I’m hoping your characterization of ‘loud’ is not as bad as our Pleasure-Way Plateau TS. On the 24D, I see the A/C unit is roughly over the front lounge rather than over the Murphy bed. In our class B, its to the rear of the vehicle over the bed, with the generator directly under if no shore power. Talk about a ‘noise sandwich’! I can’t imagine the 24D being as bad. Thanks again for taking the time to write this up. I’ll be reviewing it closely in 3-4 weeks I hope. If your travels take you to San Diego let us know. Our Bellagio trips have stopped due to the virus.
It's loud. Out of all my RV's I've had, this AC is the loudest. My holiday rambler had the 1 AC right over the bed, my Xplorer also has it over the bed, my Jayco 5th wheel had the AC in the living room. Some of the older Views had the better mach 8 low profile unit. The 2020 has the cheap mach 10. Seems Winnebago made some great improvements in some areas and took cheaper items in other areas. If you like to use the fan a lot, the Maxxfan is great. Winnebago put the deluxe model up in the front, but it's the cheap delux model. The remote has a reverse button but the fan they picked doesnt have that function. I ordered new parts/circuit and circuit board to have the fan blow in. Then I replaced the cheesey bathroom fan with a new Maxxfan delux with remote. I keep the bathroom one on exhaust and the front living area in intake mode. You can get an amazing amount of air circulating doing it this way. Don't want to sound like I'm complaining too much on Winnebago. I really enjoy the View. They did some great improvements to the 2020 model. They can use some improvements on their fit and finish and quality like most other manufacturers. When your new entry door breaks or has problems, make sure to post on this forum lol.
crah is offline   Reply With Quote