Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-05-2019, 06:47 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Question plastic wheel well sealnt on 2006 outlook

Hi I am new to this thread and wanted to introduce myself. we have a 2006 26ft outlook. while coming back from a track day ( yes i love motorcycles as well as camping) I had a blowout on the freeway, the tire which were only 3 years old shredded! it took out my compartment that holds all the shore power connections and the wheel well. so I ordered a new wheel well and compartment. long story short the compartment cant be mounted due to the top flanges on the box being sandwiched in between the floor and a frame piece. so not sure what to due with that. but the plastic wheel well or fender if you will can be replaced so I purchased one of them. upon removing the old one, Winnebago uses some sort of rubber sealant, thankfully it was easy to remove and clean. silicone would have been a nightmare! but now I am wondering what to use or if anyone knows where to purchase some type of equivalent??? i was thinking butyl rubber tape? any thoughts would be helpful
thanks, Bruce
Two wheels is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
seal