Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-23-2020, 09:12 AM   #1
RJ2
Winnebago Camper

One of the views best upgrades

ONE OF THE VIEWS BEST UPGRADES, was the rubber cowl leaf prevention cover . Use to drive me nuts cleaning out the leaves . For the first time since I have had my view , when I look at it parked , is a positive and not leaf cleaning added to my daily chores .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	631E9FDB-215D-446A-BDA9-D6E2F5342D5D.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	356.3 KB
ID:	174021  
RJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 10:28 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

I just use my leaf blower, 30 seconds and done.
However, I understand your problem completely.
Does it interfere with the wiper operation? Yet?
It does look sleek.
Winterbagoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 07:29 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

More details please..

Did you make the cowl cover yourself?

How does it attach? Remove?

Hope port is on the edge of the woods.. cover looks interesting
Beach-Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 07:48 AM   #4
RJ2
Winnebago Camper

Yes , I did fabricate the cowl cover . Heavy , lays absolutely flat on windshield and hood does not even think about sliding in wind or while washing Unit. I have 2 dedicated concrete parking spaces on site . One is under grandfather oaks , great shade
And keeps view nice and cool for 5 months no leaves to speak of . Like I responded to someone before about blowing leaves out of cowl are is actually easy , but annoying . In addition I have found that views have an inherent problem going unnoticed , the fact that leaves slip down through cracks and wiper Posts and stack up in front door JAMB cavity . First time I notice this through rubber access on bottom , they were a ft deep in there. The actual drain on bottom frame rail gets clogged and they accumulate . If you have never cleaned this area out , stick blow gun in bottom door rubber flap and blow drain hole out . Get ready for a big surprise, You will get a shovel full of crap.
I always was Anal about doing this on my tundras and other cars , but for some reason , never checked the sprinter Door jamb drains
RJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 05:25 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Hi RJ2,
Great idea, have the same problem with my View. What did you use to cover the vent?

Thanks,
Rich Burdick
Chemosavvy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
upgrade