Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-26-2020, 08:00 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Odd question - Tiffin Wayfarer

Tiffin Wayfarer claims as standard a “Sumo Springs Ride Assist System”. Anyone know what they are putting on their Sprinters? I would not own a Wayfarer but Tiffin does make quality Class A’s. They are a quality organization and I assume they did their homework with the suspension system. Any idea which Sumo’s they chose and how they ride?
Dmarcian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 09:04 PM   #2
Site Team

I think Sumo springs are Sumo Springs. Maybe a different size, but they all do the same thing. I would bet that they are not standard on the F53 chassis rv's as I've seen on the IRV2 forum where owners are upgrading them just as the rest of us have to do. A shame to pay that much and then turn around and have to put another $5-7K to get it driving right. (I'm now happy, but $6k lighter.)
Old 05-26-2020, 09:15 PM   #3
Site Team

I believe they do this because to keep the suspension from sagging. I don't believe that they are the heavy duty setup you get as an aftermarket item. Tiffin calls them SumoSprings® Ride Assist System.

The Mercedes chassis comes with rubber jounce bumpers and I have been told that the Sumo's on the Tiffin Class C replace those.
Old 05-27-2020, 07:34 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Wayfarers are so close to their weight limits that most of the ones you see are exceeding the GVW of the vehicle. The Sumos are basically overload devices and make the unit a bit more controllable in overload conditions.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote