Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-27-2019, 06:45 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

No heat on LP or electric

Brrrr! We have no heat. Neither LP nor electric heat working in our 2016 Aspect 30J. Temps in the 30s. Worked fine the day before. Any ideas appreciated!
Hopeful1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 08:40 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

What kind of electric heat does your unit have. If it’s off the A/C unit, and the propane furnace isn’t working, it could be the thermostat. Maybe look for a fuse?
BirchyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 08:42 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Coleman Mach. Not a fuse. Still investigating ignitor. Thanks!
Old 02-03-2019, 05:15 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Check thermostat

I had a similar problem on a Navion. It was the thermostat. Because it has a circut board might try to reset it. Have to turn off all the power including the house battery switch to reset the circit board. Might give it a try.
Drbtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 06:04 PM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

If you have the same Coleman heat pump that is on the Navions, it won't give any heat if the outside temperature is below around 40F. The fan turns on, but the heat pump will not. This is in the manual, but you really have to dig to find this tidbit of info. (Ask me how I know this.)
rvrwal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 07:05 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

I would really like to know the answer. I know mine is finicky and I still haven't figured it out as we rarely travel when the temps are cold. I know that if the outside temperature is a certain degrees, the LP is supposed to kick on but I have had trouble with both units when the temperature isn't even in the 30's. I finally just bought a space heater and use our fireplace blower. I never have called Winnebago to figure it out. We have a Itasca 38q that is 2019. It has done this from the beginning.
anndrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 07:31 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

I also suspect the thermostat or the power to the thermostat. That's the one place I can think of where LPG and electric heat come together. There are troubleshooting guides online for each model thermostat (you'll need a multimeter). Also, there most likely is a fuse, which is an easy fix. The Coleman thermostat in my MH has a fuse but it's a 2002.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 10:31 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Heat worked fine on both electric and gas in 30 degree temps until both just stopped working. It's not a fuse. Still trying to fix. I'm going to see if AC working. If so, that would eliminate thermostat issue. Thanks for the input.
Old 02-04-2019, 10:42 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful1 View Post
Heat worked fine on both electric and gas in 30 degree temps until both just stopped working. It's not a fuse. Still trying to fix. I'm going to see if AC working. If so, that would eliminate thermostat issue. Thanks for the input.
I don't think you can assume that, if the A/C works, the thermostat is OK. You really should find the troubleshooting guide for your thermostat and go through the steps. The shotgun approach can lead to false conclusions.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 01:20 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Ok. I'll have a look at guides. Thanks for your input!

Tags
heat