Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-09-2016, 09:46 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Question No audio from speakers, No power to Jensen radio 2016 View 24G

We can not get any audio out of our speakers when using the Dash entertainment/gps system. Also there is no power to the Jensen radio in the coach. I have looked for fuses or circuit breakers. The 15 amp 12V radio fuse is good (swapped it with another). I can't find a fuse in the Sprinter fuse panels. Any ideas?
kaiweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 08:34 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

:welcome:

Many stereo units have a fuse on the back of the unit's case. Did you pull it from the dash and check? Once you have it out of the dash, you can bench test it by attaching power and a speaker (or earphone if equipped) to see if it works. Being a Jensen, it might need replacing. They don't have a good reputation, I'm afraid.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 05:44 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

THank you. I'll check for a fuse. I know Jensen is not "top of the line"!
Old 08-11-2016, 08:09 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

As to no audio from the dash entertainment/gps, is the speaker switch on your dash in the radio, rather than TV position? That happened to us when we first got our rig.
mtnmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 08:35 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Another thing I have seen: check the House Battery switch. On my unit, if my Aux Battery is "off" the the dash radio will not work when driving. Seems it's requires power from the 12 volt system from the House.
Stevegd007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 10:57 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevegd007 View Post
Another thing I have seen: check the House Battery switch. On my unit, if my Aux Battery is "off" the the dash radio will not work when driving. Seems it's requires power from the 12 volt system from the House.
Many RVs have a power switch to change from ignition switched power and house power when parked so the stereo works without having to turn on ignition. Why do you turn off the house batteries when driving? According to how your RV is wired, it might prevent charging of house batteries on alternator.

Bob & Donna
Old 08-11-2016, 11:48 AM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Well I don't. It's a few times, after my rig has been parked a while...I jump in to use the RV an "forgot" the house batteries were off...and the Radio did not work!
Old 08-11-2016, 12:23 PM   #8
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevegd007 View Post
Well I don't. It's a few times, after my rig has been parked a while...I jump in to use the RV an "forgot" the house batteries were off...and the Radio did not work!
Okay, makes sense. Isn't the radio power selection switch on the dashboard? Mine is in a row of other switches for driving functions.

Bob & Donna
Old 08-11-2016, 01:16 PM   #9
Winnie-Wise

For our rig, there is 2 rocker switches on the dash that 1-switches between the Radio and or the TV. That's all it does. Great for surround sound! And 2-another switch for the radio using either engine or the house battery...but I still NEED the Aux Battery switch ON to use our radio while driving. Seems it is also needed to power an amp for the radio...I think.
Old 08-12-2016, 05:28 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Dash audio fixed

I got ther dash audio fixed. I think the software was hung up. I entered a route into the RVGPS and when I selected "Start Route" the audio returned. It now works in all modes.
Old 08-13-2016, 07:22 AM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Jensen Coach Radio fixed

Yesterday I pulled out the Jensen radio and sure enough there was a blown 10 amp fuse on top of the unit. After a quick trip to Ace for a new fuse, I replaced the bad one and reinstalled the radio and everything works as advertised. Thank you to everyone who replied for all the help.
Old 08-13-2016, 12:45 PM   #12
Winnebago Camper

Glad you got it all up and going. Thanks for getting back to the forum with the results.
mtnmike is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
audio, power, radio