Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-22-2022, 03:08 PM   #1
Winnie-Wise

need new dinette seats

My 2016 J View has very worn material. Several parts were replaced (and the driver and passenger seats) before Winnebago said they would provide material but not the labor.

I paid a fortune at a dealer to replace the front seat material because the installer didn't user the same technique the factory uses (thin plastic and a vacuum) so I had to pay about 3-4 hours of shop labor. I found the solution for the front seats by covering them with sheep skin coveralls.

Now the dinette material is completely worn through in spots and the under structure of the seats have sunken in like a 100 year old chair. Therefore it looks like garbage and is very uncomfortable.

I know I'm not the only one with this problem that Winnebago has left out in the cold. I will not pay money to go back to Winnebago for the same poor quality.

Does anyone have a company that will redo them or a replacement with the same storage as the original, but with better material?
Old 02-22-2022, 05:25 PM   #2
unclescratch

How about this: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...&referral_stor
Old 02-22-2022, 05:29 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

I’ve found Winnebago foam to be superior in density compared to the Jayco foams I’ve had the displeasure to sit on.

If you’re that displeased now you’d be shocked at some of the other junk out there !
Old 03-10-2022, 05:28 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Dinette replacement

We just ordered a new set of dinette benches from recpro. They have cloth or leather in several sizes and arrived in just a few days. Much lighter than the original and feel very comfortable with the same amount of storage in the benches. The only downside is, you have to raise the cushion to access the storage unlike my old bench that had access from the end of the bench
Old 03-10-2022, 08:01 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

My wife just made new covers for ours, she said it wasn't hard. She got the info from Sailrite.com. If you know someone that sews and is willing to do it for you you can just redo the covers with a zipper so that can be washed.
Mashmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 08:02 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Nevermind, you are looking for the dinnette seats as well.
Mashmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 04:56 PM   #7
2016 Winnebago View 24J

We have the exact same View & exact same problem. Winnebago will sell the same junk covers for $600 each! No way. We found a local upholstery shop that sourced a more rugged material in the same color and did the 2 side cushions for $180 each (minimal wear on the center cushion). A real bargain. Look for a shop that does auto and boat seats as well as furniture.
We also have worn corners on the top caps, and simply turned them around - the worn spots tuck against the wall and don't show.
RayJorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 09:32 AM   #8
Winnie-Wise

I'll be contacting recpro this week. I think they might be the best alternative. Local upholstery shops want way more to do a "custom" job.

Thanks to all who posted!
Old 04-14-2022, 05:21 AM   #9
Winnie-Wise

Repco replacement seating is foam only so I will continue to look for alternatives. Perhaps I'll take the time to redo the existing frames, new z springs & better material for the cover.
Old 04-14-2022, 02:12 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

This just landed in my email today from Lippert:

https://store.lci1.com/dinette-repla...nt=headerimage
Old 04-14-2022, 03:41 PM   #11
unclescratch

We bought a used, complete, w/table, like new booth for our 33V for $100.00. Guess we just got 'blessed' again. Thank You, Lord Jesus!
Old 04-15-2022, 05:23 AM   #12
Winnie-Wise

Never thought to look for a set that used. I'll look into that and the lippert items.

Not going to get time to deal with this for a few months anyway, life gets in the way of life.

ty all for suggestions!