Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-25-2020, 04:10 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Need help with slideout...

Hi all! Im new to rving and have purchased a 08 outlook 31c. When i picked it up from the dealer they went over everything and kinda lost me because it was alot to take in going so fast... Anyway, they operated the slide so i know it works but today, which is 3wks since ive had it home, i went to open slide but nothing...no click...nothing.
I see on the panel that there is 2 led light one for if theres a fault, another if you dont set Ebrake. I noticed neither light was on and i didnt push the Ebrake. So my guess is i popped a breaker maybe but dont know where to find it? I replaced the house batteries 2 weeks ago because they were really crappy so im wondering if when power was hooked back up if it poped a breaker? Thanks for any help..Good Day!!!
Dave73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 04:37 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

On some or many motorhomes the slideouts and jacks work off the chassis battery (engine start battery). Does the engine start?

On some motorhomes the chassis battery will go dead after about 3 weeks of not being used. There are some things that still draw power even if the engine is off.
al1florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 04:50 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Yeah i have full power on the engine battery and full power on house batteries...i start the coach, push ebrake, go around to the house door turn slide key to on and push button that says out...does nothing...i checked all breakers and fuses in the panel and all are ok...afraid im into somthing unless im forgeting somthing or someobe has an idea for me to try? Thanks
Old 08-25-2020, 05:04 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

There's probably a chassis breaker panel somewhere. Looks like a horizontal row of little black buttons w/labels of what they protect. On some models it's in an external storage compartment, usually situated between the engine and the battery box under the steps, if that's where they are. On smaller units, it's sometimes on the base of one of the cockpit seats. It's usually on the passenger side, as that's usually where the batteries are located. Find it, and see if there's a "Slide Room" breaker, and try resetting it.
On the 2010 model it's in an external storage comprtment, with a removable cover.
Page 6-8 has a pic. I couldn't find a 2008 OM at the WGO website.
https://winnebagoind.com/resources/m.../10Outlook.pdf

Found the 2008 manual...same page, same location....
https://winnebagoind.com/resources/m.../08Outlook.pdf
Winterbagoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 06:23 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Aww man this sucks...i found that relay panel in the one storage hatch next to the door...pushed them all and none were tripped...i wish i could find a simplifed diagram of the slide out circuit cause the ones i found on winnebago site i cannot read those types im getting power to the slideout key but dont know where to go from there..thanks guys
Old 08-26-2020, 09:46 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

I did test the the breaker panel breakers and power is going to the breakers...is it common for the in and out button panel to go bad? I just dont get why the ebrake light isnt comming on with out the brake pushed?
Old 08-26-2020, 09:55 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave73 View Post
I did test the the breaker panel breakers and power is going to the breakers...is it common for the in and out button panel to go bad? I just dont get why the ebrake light isnt comming on with out the brake pushed?
Sounds like the parking brake might be your problem. If it's not telling the slide controller that it's properly set, no slide action. I'd get that checked.
Winterbagoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 09:33 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

If it was parking brake problem i would imagine like other post it would be flashing the parking brake led even though its set...my case there no parking brake light flashing on panel when the parking brake isnt set...its like the led in out switch panel is dead.
I just crawled under with my multimeter and tested the power at the motors while my son pushed the out button...not a drop of power is showing at the motor.
Im starting to think it may be the slide controller...im getting power readings at the key switch, and wires at slide controller but at the motor..nothing...is there anything between the slide controller and the motor?
Old 08-27-2020, 10:10 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

Let me do some looking at those drawings as things that are fully dead are often easier than the type that are hit and miss. Give me a few to look around a bit?
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 10:14 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

I would appriciate it so much...im a mechanic so i can do the work...just first time around a motorcoach..thanks again
Old 08-27-2020, 10:23 AM   #11
Winnebago Master

A couple items as first things I saw, so want to check we are on the right page?
One is what to expect at the brake pedal. this shows Ford but Chevy is the same. May be worth a check for loose wire, etc. as my wife tends to kick these!
Then is this the slide control panel you have?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	park brake.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	174775   Click image for larger version

Name:	slide control.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	174776  

Old 08-27-2020, 10:28 AM   #12
Winnebago Camper

Correct...that is the panel...also ive checked the ebrake switch..all is in order..all wire connected and when pushed the brake light comes on on the dash
Old 08-27-2020, 10:29 AM   #13
Winnebago Camper

I also tested the the out button on the button panel there..when button is pushed it shows current running through it.
Old 08-27-2020, 11:16 AM   #14
Winnebago Master

Additional info:
This is the chart that gives the wire ID list:
https://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram...ical_guide.pdf
Each wire should be labeled with the last part of the info printed on the wires as two or three letters. It looks like you should find DS,DU,DR, GGD,GGE,GGF being six wires in one connector and if we go to the chart above, it shows the first three going from the module to the switch and the last three as going from the module to the switch and appear to involve the LED lights. That makes them three wire circuits that you need to have working!
But before tearing out the switch, etc. maybe a look at the slideout controller will be easier and give better ideas? Can you find it? I might expect it to be a box, may 4X 6 and about 2 inches deep with a bunch of wires and plugs. Often tucked up on the bottom of the "roof" of a compartment? The operators manual "might" show a picture of it but where we get into trouble looking for info is that the last manual they put online is 2010 so we are cut off that way and the parts listing is no help on locating it as it is a simple list as far as I can find.
Where I'm going is that we can possibly find and ID the wires at the switch but then we really seem better if you can find the control and look for things like a power light on it. If no power to it, then we need to chase the problem toward the battery but if power there, we may need to look more at the switches.
Maybe we can sort things out with a bit of looking?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	wire ID.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	174777  
Old 08-27-2020, 11:18 AM   #15
Winnebago Master

WHOOPS! Got so busy looking for info, failed to look at your answers!
More info does make it sound like a problem between the switches and the control, so finding control get more important but that's not info I can find!!!
Old 08-27-2020, 11:22 AM   #16
Winnebago Camper

Yep..i have the slideout module uncovered..its in first bay next to the breaker panel...theres one big main plug then two smaller plugs on either side (i presume one is for front motor other is for rear motor) i just cannot figure out the order of things, ie, battery, breaker, control module, key switch, in and out buttons...i dont kbow what order these parts flow to chash things down
Old 08-27-2020, 11:28 AM   #17
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave73 View Post
Yep..i have the slideout module uncovered..its in first bay next to the breaker panel...theres one big main plug then two smaller plugs on either side (i presume one is for front motor other is for rear motor) i just cannot figure out the order of things, ie, battery, breaker, control module, key switch, in and out buttons...i dont kbow what order these parts flow to chash things down
Good deal! Let me dig deeper for the control module if I can get lucky. If you can read the wire labels and find them in the chart of ID's, the first column is "from" and right hand column is "to" so it lets you kind of sort where they lineup if we can get more info.
Old 08-27-2020, 11:30 AM   #18
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for helping
Old 08-27-2020, 11:46 AM   #19
Winnebago Master

Do you know about this set of breakers? On my RV, it is outside behind the driver's seat under a separate door? Looks like it shows a 40 amp for slide?
Option 09L says slideout left front?
Click the picture to make it bigger, better to read.

OR from this drawing:
http://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram/...ire_162596.pdf
Page one is front and top of page two is back if you get into looking for loose wires.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	slide breaker.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	129.3 KB
ID:	174778  
Old 08-27-2020, 11:47 AM   #20
Winnebago Master

break for lunch!!!

Tags