Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-27-2020, 11:59 AM   #21
Winnebago Camper

Yep..thats the breakers right next to slide controller in first bay..none are tripped
Dave73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 12:01 PM   #22
Winnebago Camper

Also unfortunately i cannot chase the wires out of the controller because theres only 4inchs before there rubber glue all over them and they go through the wall..not enough wire to see code letters on them...
Old 08-27-2020, 12:56 PM   #23
Winnebago Master

More info on wire and id at breaker and control. I find this info marked with blue.
Wire LLM and LLK are positive battery leads from breaker to control unit with LLL and LLN being the matching ground wires. One set being to the front ram and second being to the rear ram (just in case you see a ram running round? ) 16 gauge yellow is hot and 16 gauge white is ground!
But I see there is no way to see labels on wires! Yuck?
Any labelson the control to help out for checking battery and ground to it?
There may be some form of troubleshooting chart if it has a company name, etc for us to look over?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	breaker to control.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	105.1 KB
ID:	174779  
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 04:49 PM   #24
Winnebago Camper

Hey thanks again for your help but everything is leading me to believe its the slideout module...problem is ive been looking online and cant seem to find one to purchase...
Old 08-27-2020, 05:11 PM   #25
Winnebago Master

It very well could be but it is sometimes good just to plug/unplug any of these little electronics gizmos on RV as they get all kinds of abuse that can lead to all kinds of corrosion
But then it can come down to just broken. Good luck with the fix.
Old 08-30-2020, 04:07 PM   #26
Winnebago Watcher

I have to run the engine on my 23T for the slide out to work
GeoDog55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 07:59 PM   #27
Winnebago Camper

Good thought. On mine the engine must be running also.
murphy55378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 08:13 PM   #28
Winnebago Camper

Dave on my side out this happens sometimes and there is a reset button on the back of the in/out buttons. You have to remove two screws and remove the button and look at the back and push it to reset if you find one.

Ray
Raylc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 08:57 PM   #29
Winnebago Owner

Go to the motor that drives the hydraulic system. Take the wires off the back of the hydraulic motor brass brush the connectors clean and ruffed up reconnect.
Kbwitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 04:16 AM   #30
Winnebago Owner

I haven't read all the replies to your post. So maybe someone has suggested the same as I.

Make sure all the entry doors are closed, the selector is in P (park), the emergency brake is set and put the jacks down. Then try pressing the boost button to connect the house and chassis batteries while someone tries the slide-out switch. More than likely, there is a simple solution.
Old 08-31-2020, 06:52 AM   #31
Winnebago Camper

You said early on that you pushed the e brake sw ???

Yellow sw should be pulled out in order for the slides to operate
Dave9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 07:05 AM   #32
Winnebago Master

Is there a master lockout on that coach? According to the owners manual that switch needs to be in the on position with the key in it for the slides to operate.

See Section 10 of your owners manual (page 87): https://winnebagoind.com/resources/m.../08Outlook.pdf

Using the reset button on the slide control you can also put it into Manual Mode to aid in troubleshooting. See Section 10 page 5 (page 91) of the Owners Manual.

Note that the Green Light will flash an error code which needs to be checked against the code chart in the coaches InfoCase.
Old 08-31-2020, 07:44 AM   #33
Winnebago Owner

In reading through all the comments, I thought I'd throw in a thought. Though I haven't resolved my problem yet, my 2005 won't operate the levelers. (Control panel Light flashing that the break isn't set yet.) In reviewing the previous owner's worksheets, a dealer he took it to said "Replace control panel $900." He didn't do anything after that.
So a friend of mine took the panel out, and created a test jig with all the right inputs to it. It acted correctly. What seems to be a clue to the real problem is that the line coming in that signals the brake is set only reads 7 volts not the required 12 volts. And the other leg that should read zero reads 1 volt. So I think that too low voltage likely the issue.
So my question to you is, did you just note the binary state of the lines you tested? Or also read their voltage? Solid state can be pretty unforgiving on threshold voltage.
Rick 99037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 09:38 AM   #34
DAB
Winnebago Camper

slide out quit wotking

All 3 slideouts on my 2018 26A quit working. The reason was pretty bizarre. Upon leaving a campsite, there was a continuous alarm coming from under the dash. I located the source right next to the steering column and pulled the relay there which stopped the alarm. The result was that my parking brake light came on and the slides all stopped working.

After I got home and spent hours trouble shooting I was nearly convinced that all 3 slide controllers had gone bad. After tracing the Winnebago wiring diagrams, I found that the alarm was caused by the passenger seat rotation switch.

THIS IS NOT DOCUMENTED IN THE MANUAL!

I also noticed an UNDOCUMENTED IN THE MANUAL fuse located next to the steering column on a different wiring diagram. It was tucked up there out of sight and was yellow. The wiring diagram did not clearly say what it was for.

I finally found this fuse, found it was blown, and after replacing it, Everything went back to normal. I apparently blew the fuse wheI earlier pulled the relay.

So... find this fuse and check it. It apparently is on the line that tells the slide controllers that the parking brake is set and is to my knowledge entirely
UNDOCUMENTED IN THE MANUAL!!!
DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 11:35 AM   #35
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave73 View Post
Yeah i have full power on the engine battery and full power on house batteries...i start the coach, push ebrake, go around to the house door turn slide key to on and push button that says out...does nothing...i checked all breakers and fuses in the panel and all are ok...afraid im into somthing unless im forgeting somthing or someobe has an idea for me to try? Thanks
I have an 07 Outlook and I have never attempted to move the slide with the engine running. Always moved mine after the coach is off. Wondering if there is an interlock to prevent movement when the engine is running???
jimkamery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 02:52 PM   #36
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimkamery View Post
I have an 07 Outlook and I have never attempted to move the slide with the engine running. Always moved mine after the coach is off. Wondering if there is an interlock to prevent movement when the engine is running???
I have run mine both ways, Jim. The sound of the motors is just a bit higher pitched with the engine running; I believe they "like" the slightly higher voltage (and the attendant lower current draw.) I usually run the engine .... but not always.

Like others, I believe, I am following this thread with great interest. I'll want to "catalog" the fix that Dave finally ends up with. I am going to attempt to attach a PDF I got from WBGO years ago. Unfortunately, it is almost all about mechanical adjustments; VERY little about the the electrical part. Dave and others might find it worth filing away though.

Good luck to Dave the OP on the fix. Gotta be frustrating, for sure.

Be safe, all.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Slideout - Electric 2-Arm Kwikee DIGISYNC repair.pdf (100.3 KB, 61 views)
youracman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 02:05 PM   #37
Winnebago Watcher

Control module

Where is the control module located for my slide out on my Access 31C
CalvinJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 02:11 PM   #38
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalvinJ View Post
Where is the control module located for my slide out on my Access 31C
It may depend on what year and exact info helps.

In 2012 models it is under a cover, just forward of the electrical panel?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	controller.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	180684  
Old 08-27-2021, 02:13 PM   #39
Winnebago Watcher

Control module

Where is the control module located for slide out in my 2008 Winnebago Access 31C
Old 08-27-2021, 02:16 PM   #40
Winnebago Watcher

My unit is a 2008 on a Ford chassis

Tags
need help, slide, slideout