Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-04-2021, 08:03 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Question Navion/View Outlets Connected to Inverter

Hi, I recently purchased a lightly used 2019 Navion 24D. I don't believe that my inverter is working correctly as neither the TV, not any of the outlets work off the battery (I recently installed Lithium). Does anyone know which outlets are supposed to work off the inverter? Or if the TV is supposed to work? I can't make heads or tails of the wiring diagrams. Any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks, Todd
tcgrover2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 08:59 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

The wiring diagrams aren't as clear as they could be regarding the inverter on your coach. Looking at the Body, 110 Volt Wiring Installation/Diagram you can see in View AA on page 1 of the pdf the inverter and the transfer switch it's connected to. This transfer switch should switch between shore power and inverter power for outlets, etc. downstream from it. Looking at page 5 of the pdf you can see the inverter identified in location B-5 with a /6\ next to it. Everything to the right of the transfer switch should be powered by the inverter (or shore power).

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 09:08 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thanks, Chris. That's helpful. Do you know what RCP stands for?
Old 10-04-2021, 11:14 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Receptacle. You may find these helpful as well: Electrical Parts Identification List, Wiring Diagram Help, and Wiring Identification Guide.

Old 10-05-2021, 12:35 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

I have a 2018 Navion 24V, which is similar. One circuit from shore power feeds the kitchen area outlets and an outlet in the storage compartment where the inverter is located. There is a GFCI outlet that is located on the end of the kitchen island that feeds all the other downstream outlets. It looks like your GFCI outlet is located in the bathroom. You appear to have the same Xantrex 1000 watt inverter that I have (that I recently upgraded to a 2000 watt model). The Xantrex has a GFCI outlet installed in the front of the inverter that feeds the TV outlet and bedroom area outlets. If you are not getting any TV power, check that the GFCI breaker button on the outlet is not tripped. If it will not reset, it may need replacement. I did have to replace the GFCI outlet for the kitchen outlets after some troubleshooting, so these outlets do fail.
Old 10-05-2021, 07:31 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbeierl View Post
...you can see the inverter identified in location B-5 with a /6\ next to it.....
Of course, I meant 'transfer switch', not 'inverter' in the above!

Old 10-05-2021, 10:08 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Thanks, Chris and Retiree1. These are great. Retiree1, my rig is in the shop, but as soon as I get it back, I'm going to check that GFCI breaker. That's probably the problem, it sounds like.
Old 10-05-2021, 05:26 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

On our 2016 View 24V with the 1000W Xantrex inverter there is a GFCI on the outlet on the front of the inverter AND a circuit breaker button on the side of the inverter.
We have had the circuit breaker on the side of the inverter trip several times which cuts power to most (if not all?) of the outlets on the coach. Usually occurs when plugged into shore power and our 1500W portable heater is being used on high on an inverted outlet. Not sure why... something about 'pass through' amps on the inverter?
It was a bit tricky to find the breaker button the first time.
Regards, Mike
Seymour2Lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 05:33 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Thanks, Mike. I'll try that too!
Old 10-10-2021, 06:01 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

New 2000W Inverter what batteries?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retiree1 View Post
I have a 2018 Navion 24V, which is similar. One circuit from shore power feeds the kitchen area outlets and an outlet in the storage compartment where the inverter is located. There is a GFCI outlet that is located on the end of the kitchen island that feeds all the other downstream outlets. It looks like your GFCI outlet is located in the bathroom. You appear to have the same Xantrex 1000 watt inverter that I have (that I recently upgraded to a 2000 watt model). The Xantrex has a GFCI outlet installed in the front of the inverter that feeds the TV outlet and bedroom area outlets. If you are not getting any TV power, check that the GFCI breaker button on the outlet is not tripped. If it will not reset, it may need replacement. I did have to replace the GFCI outlet for the kitchen outlets after some troubleshooting, so these outlets do fail.
Retiree1,

Considering the upgrade from the 1000W to the 2000W, what more caqn you do? I have an early 2018 that did not come with any solar charging so I'm pretty battery and generator dependent. Didn't you also upgrade your batteries? If so to what? I'm about due to replace so I want to upgrade in the process.
Winnefredo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 06:20 PM   #11
Winnebago Owner

Does your RV have a remote on/off switch for the inverter? I am asking because mine does but there is also a switch on the inverter itself which has to be on. If it is turned off the remote switch will not do anything (although the LED comes on).

Retired "Quiet Professional". Lifetime HSUS and ASPCA member and supporter.
71_340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 08:45 PM   #12
Winnebago Owner

I have a 2018 View 24J. I changed my Xantrex 1K to XC2K INV/Charger, wired Main panel to XC2K now everything can run off batteries. I replaced 2 batteries under steps with 2 Lithium batteries(Lion Energy UT-1300) and 2 more in storage comp. next to steps. I put in a Victron battery monitor BMV-712 and MPPT Solar controller 100/50.
Lmonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 09:37 PM   #13
Winnebago Camper

I originally upgraded my batteries to 2 Trojan T-125 golf cart batteries, which increased the total amp-hour rating from 140 to 240 amp-hours (usable at 50% discharge of 120 amp-hours). These 6 volt batteries fit in the original battery rack under the steps, but I had to rig up a new mounting bracket to keep them from moving around. I then upgraded the original Xantrex 1000 watt inverter to a full sine wave Xantrex Freedom X 2000 inverter. This required upgrading the battery cables to 2/0 AWG to handle the increased current and minimize voltage drop. I wired the output of the inverter to a small breaker box that has a 15 amp and 20 amp circuit breaker. The 15 amp breaker feeds the original inverter circuit loads (TV and bedroom outlets). The 20 amp breaker feeds a single outlet that I added at the end of the kitchen counter and a single outlet that I added next to the microwave outlet (in cabinet behind the TV). The new 20 amp outlets allow running a coffee pot or microwave (for a few minutes only) off the batteries via the 2000 amp inverter. I found that the 1000 watt microwave draws 1500 watts from the inverter when running. I do not have any solar since my 2018 Navion was built before Winnebago started adding solar. I will likely add solar in the future.
Old 10-10-2021, 09:41 PM   #14
Winnebago Camper

"Retiree1,
Considering the upgrade from the 1000W to the 2000W, what more caqn you do? I have an early 2018 that did not come with any solar charging so I'm pretty battery and generator dependent. Didn't you also upgrade your batteries? If so to what? I'm about due to replace so I want to upgrade in the process."

Winnefredo,

I originally upgraded my batteries to 2 Trojan T-125 golf cart batteries, which increased the total amp-hour rating from 140 to 240 amp-hours (usable at 50% discharge of 120 amp-hours). These 6 volt batteries fit in the original battery rack under the steps, but I had to rig up a new mounting bracket to keep them from moving around. I then upgraded the original Xantrex 1000 watt inverter to a full sine wave Xantrex Freedom X 2000 inverter. This required upgrading the battery cables to 2/0 AWG to handle the increased current and minimize voltage drop. I wired the output of the inverter to a small breaker box that has a 15 amp and 20 amp circuit breaker. The 15 amp breaker feeds the original inverter circuit loads (TV and bedroom outlets). The 20 amp breaker feeds a single outlet that I added at the end of the kitchen counter and a single outlet that I added next to the microwave outlet (in cabinet behind the TV). The new 20 amp outlets allow running a coffee pot or microwave (for a few minutes only) off the batteries via the 2000 amp inverter. I found that the 1000 watt microwave draws 1500 watts from the inverter when running. I do not have any solar since my 2018 Navion was built before Winnebago started adding solar. I will likely add solar in the future.
Old 10-12-2021, 07:50 AM   #15
Winnebago Camper

Here’s a great forum on Facebook to follow for your new View. I’ve had so much help from this group and it’s so much easier to navigate, plus it’s in real time so you get instant replies.
On Facebook, search View/Navion Motorhomes. You will be surprised.
AZ Okies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2023, 09:47 AM   #16
Winnebago Watcher

I LOVE drawings, Thanks. Where did you get them?
Mojates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2023, 10:49 AM   #17
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojates View Post
I LOVE drawings, Thanks. Where did you get them?
Winnebago wiring diagrams can be found here Wiring Diagrams. Select the YEAR and MODEL of your coach to see all of the available diagrams. Also note the Electrical Parts Identification List, Wiring Identification Guide, and Wiring Diagram Help (to the left on the Wiring Diagrams page).

Tags
inverter, view