Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-09-2020, 08:50 PM   #1

Navion Slide out not extending

My slide out will not go...I am plugged in, parking break on, when I hit the extract button..nothing happens, no noise, nothing...where is the fuse?
Oh my Navion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 09:09 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh my Navion View Post
My slide out will not go...I am plugged in, parking break on, when I hit the extract button..nothing happens, no noise, nothing...where is the fuse?
What year Navion? You're engine needs to be running also. Is this a new to you RV?
crah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 09:14 PM   #3
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
In mine, if my STARTER battery voltage is too low, they won’t retract. I don’t have to start the engine, but I always do...
Old 05-09-2020, 09:16 PM   #4

2007, I bought last July, yes I had engine going too, worked just fine last fall
Old 05-09-2020, 09:19 PM   #5

? Starter battery, as in engine battery or? Do you know where the fuse is also
Old 05-13-2020, 08:00 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Just a thought here.
Is the emergency brake lever pulled up?
The slide will not operate without the emergency brake engaged.
And, you should have the engine running during operation to ensure full voltage is getting to the slide motors.
CGKMGK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 12:15 PM   #7
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
? Starter battery, as in engine battery or? Do you know where the fuse is also
Yes, the “starter” battery that starts the engine. The other batteries are most often referred to as “coach” that are used for the light, etc. in the RV itself.

I don’t share your model, so I cannot comment on the location of the fuses, but your owners manuals should. Remember, you probably have a set of fuses for the coach, and a set for the engine. In mine, in the engine compartment I have a fuse box, and also near my parking brake.
The coach fuses are in a panel that house the 120v breakers as well.
Old 05-13-2020, 01:16 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
Yes, the “starter” battery that starts the engine. The other batteries are most often referred to as “coach” that are used for the light, etc. in the RV itself.

I don’t share your model, so I cannot comment on the location of the fuses, but your owners manuals should. Remember, you probably have a set of fuses for the coach, and a set for the engine. In mine, in the engine compartment I have a fuse box, and also near my parking brake.
The coach fuses are in a panel that house the 120v breakers as well.
I have a 23h, just spent two hours at a Winnie Serv place, they couldn't find it!
Owners manual doesn't say either.. should be easily accessible! So I'll continue my search!
Old 05-13-2020, 01:17 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGKMGK View Post
Just a thought here.
Is the emergency brake lever pulled up?
The slide will not operate without the emergency brake engaged.
And, you should have the engine running during operation to ensure full voltage is getting to the slide motors.
Yep did all that!
Old 05-13-2020, 01:32 PM   #10
Winnebago Master

If you look at this series of postings, you can see a major problem with the info you are giving.
to look for drawings, manuals or almost any truly good info, the readers have to know what to look for. Things like year, make, model and at times even the serial number are required to locate the correct drawing.
So do not ask folks to sort, hunt, and peck to find info to help you! The folks who get the most help have already stopped to think and also have tried but then when they ask for help, it is always nice to make it easy to help.
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 02:32 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morich View Post
If you look at this series of postings, you can see a major problem with the info you are giving.
to look for drawings, manuals or almost any truly good info, the readers have to know what to look for. Things like year, make, model and at times even the serial number are required to locate the correct drawing.
So do not ask folks to sort, hunt, and peck to find info to help you! The folks who get the most help have already stopped to think and also have tried but then when they ask for help, it is always nice to make it easy to help.
I have put make model year etc.. sorry first timer looking all over..was just thinking some one already knew, never asked anyone to hunt!
Old 05-13-2020, 02:43 PM   #12

I'm done..have a great trip
Old 05-17-2020, 05:41 PM   #13
Winnebago Camper

My 2018 Sunstar will not slide in or out (no power ) unless the coach batteries are also on. Plus brake set and running .
Dalep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 06:44 PM   #14
Winnebago Owner

Not an answer to the question but a suggestion to anyone owning any style of RV that had a slide. Be come familiar with the operation and location of all components of your slide. You want to be able to diagnose the problem. You can’t depend or on some cases wait for an answer on a website. The one sure thing about slides is that you will have a problem so like a good Boy Scout, be prepared.
09 harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 08:17 PM   #15
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalep View Post
My 2018 Sunstar will not slide in or out (no power ) unless the coach batteries are also on. Plus brake set and running .
Yes; our 2018 Navion requires the keys in and switched to “accessory” or just turn the chassis engine on; emergency break is sometimes not pulled up enough on mine.
Old 05-18-2020, 09:10 AM   #16
Winnebago Camper

Try key on

Quote:
Hi, my rig needs key on in accessory mode. Very frustrating when I forget.
Hope that's all it is
JH
joycev1105a is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide out, slide