Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-24-2018, 07:10 PM   #1
Winnebago Master

My new Fuse

I am not sure this is the right place for this post as perhaps it belongs in Applicances or General, but I will start from here and perhaps someone will tell me if it should be on a different part of this forum.

We just bought a new 2018 Fuse and are on our first trip with it. We traded in an old Class B so we are drowning in extra storage space and new electronics, and most of it is no problem but one thing is really puzzling me.

The RV has a front swing-out TV (that we have not yet used) with a radio/dvd/CD player behind it. That is the not problem, but on the wall with the TV is a small light that I assume is associated with either the TV or the player since it is mounted next to them, but I have no idea what it is. I have looked through both the paper and electronic manuals without any help. We have kept the TV off (we are not really TV people) and the player is switched off. The TV signal amplifier behind the TV is off as is the antenna, but the little light flashes every now and then and we have no idea what it is trying to tell us. Here is a photo.

It probably would not be so annoying but everything about the Fuse seems great, but we don't know what is going on here and it is beginning to worry me because we are dry camping and I worry that something is draining our batteries.

Can anyone help me here? Thanks.
AJMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 11:20 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

That little light is part of an infrared remote system. If you have an infrared remote for the devices inside the cabinet, the system rebroadcasts the infrared light inside the cabinet to the equipment. Usually there is a little transmitter disc stuck to the front of the device you are controlling.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 01:01 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvlabs View Post
That little light is part of an infrared remote system. If you have an infrared remote for the devices inside the cabinet, the system rebroadcasts the infrared light inside the cabinet to the equipment. Usually there is a little transmitter disc stuck to the front of the device you are controlling.
OK. Thanks. That makes perfectly good sense. I also checked behind the TV and found the transmitter you were talking about attached to the amplifier.

But I wonder why it was flashing when no one inside the RV was using the remote. The remote is infrared so it should be line of sight, and the remotes were all inside a container in a different cabinet, not only not being used but also in a cabinet with a closed door. Nothing from them should have been able to get to the repeater.

The repeater also does not seem to be that sensitive. Pressing the remote for the DVD player in the slide out, which is at right angles to the TV, in an effort to control the playback on the slide TV, did not control the player at all.
AJMike is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuse