Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-14-2018, 05:26 AM   #21
Itasca Owners

In the used market, the class A's are often lower priced than the C's and the smaller C's are sometimes more than the larger ones. We bought a used class C for many of the reasons you state. However, we don't tow a vehicle and stopped at 25 feet because in that size we don't need one. But there is enough tow capacity in the vehicle to tow our equinox quite easily.
Our difference is mainly that we don't need the electrical capacity that you want to have even though we dry camp a lot. We prefer state and national parks which are often no hook ups, electric only, or at best water/electric. We fill the water and dump the sewer every 3-4 days when we are on our way in or out to see the surrounding area. We run the generator when we stop to shop or see things so the cats do not get overheated in the parking lot. It's more than enough to keep the batteries charged. Fridge and water heater and stove run on propane. We have a 150 watt inverter for the TV/DVD which does not get used very much and if we want the microwave or toaster oven, we just turn on the generator for a few minutes.
Teamfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 05:14 PM   #22
Winnie-Wise

We are looking at new. Don't want to get someone else's "box of trouble"
Lichtsinn is one of the only Dealers that I have seen have a decent warranty on used Coaches.
We really want a larger Coach for the extra room. Also to keep away from Murphy bed bedroom slides and we for sure want a walk around bed. Having to crawl into bed from one corner is a no go for us.
Ret.LEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 05:22 PM   #23
Winnebago Owner

I looked for a long time before I found my 27' Winnebago Class A. Most of them were much larger. I had a 33' TT that was way too big. I would have been happy with a shorter C, except I was afraid of leaks and delam in the bunk area over the cab. The airbag and reinforced cab on the Cs are definite advntages in my opinion.
Old 11-15-2018, 05:10 AM   #24
Winnie-Wise

Another advantage for Class C's that I checked yesterday I called my two local Ford Dealerships. They both are willing to do oil changes and do factory warranty work and maintenance as long as they don't have to lift it on a Class C. When asked about a Class A both said "no way" we don't touch them.
Old 11-15-2018, 05:28 AM   #25
Winnebago Camper

Hi Rick,
I have a Jayco Redhawk and am selling it for a Winnie 5th wheel. I just happened to get a lemon. My daughter has a Greyhawk, and they love it. But my one complaint about the Jayco is the decline in customer support. It's not what it used to be.
JEdsonStagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 06:40 AM   #26
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEdsonStagg View Post
Hi Rick,
I have a Jayco Redhawk and am selling it for a Winnie 5th wheel. I just happened to get a lemon. My daughter has a Greyhawk, and they love it. But my one complaint about the Jayco is the decline in customer support. It's not what it used to be.
Hi JEdsonStagg,
That is a common complaint aired by Jayco owners. Seems like as is pretty typical through out the Industry it's a real hit and miss on getting a lemon or a really dependable Coach.

It does seem though that most Greyhawk owners are really happy with their Coach, the same for the Minnie Winnie's. Jayco's customer support even with the two year warranty doesn't do much good though if you have to jump through hoops to get problems taken care of. I think that's where Dealer support can either step up or just leave you hanging in the breeze.

The advantages I have seen in Entegra over their sister company Jayco is I have heard the woman who handles Entegra's warranty and customer service is one of the best people in the industry. She really does stand behind her product without torturing customers with problems.
From what I take with Winnebago the "go to" Dealer is Lichtsinn. They look like a really good supportive Dealer before and after the sale.
A couple of advantages I see in Greyhawk/Odyssey is the full aluminum framed front cap that extends well into the sidewalls giving the front bunk a 750lb weight capacity. The rest of their construction seems typical. I do like the chassis enhancements with the J-Ride, pretty well takes care of any other chassis additions to make it as driveable as possible, the only thing else I would add would be a steering stabilizer.
The Grehawk/Odyssey also has a full 7,500 lb hitch rating across the product line to where with the M/W it's spotty, some models can, other's are a 5,000 lb rating.
One advantage that Greyhawk/Odyssey HAD that was real important to me that they had over the M/W was the electric adjustable Drivers seat vs the standard swivel mechanical adjustable seat in the M/W BUT as of Sept. all new Greyhawk/Odyssey's have cheapened and gone to the same seat that M/W uses. That's a real negative for long drives, bad backs, switching from a taller to shorter driver.
Except for the front cap I think the Minnie Winnie has better overall construction over the Greyhawk/Odyssey.
Considering which Coach to buy is a real head scratcher. So many things to weigh between brands