Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-16-2021, 09:33 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Minnie Winnie questions

I'm considering getting a C for the next phase but having trouble find correct information. I previously had a 2007 Itasca Horizon so am somewhat familiar with Winnebago products. The 26T seems to fill most of the requirements. First there are no Minnie Winnie or Spirit dealers within a couple hundred miles to go and look. These are things the downloadable brochure doesn't address. What is the roof material? What type, brand, and size of refrigerators are installed. Brochure says double door or "large" double door. Are there any suspension enhancement over the stock Ford F-450 cutaway chassis? Forest River on the Forester C has air springs, upgraded shocks and sway bars. Are slides electric or hydraulic? Is the 31H the only one the driver seat will swivel around and that only with an option to do so? What is the cabinet framing material? Real wood or MDF/equivalent. Had real wood in the Itasca.

Any other pertinent information would be appreciated. Shame the brochure is more fluff that usable info.
Old 03-14-2021, 06:37 PM   #2
Winnebago Watcher

Cabinets are MDF/equivalent.

Fridge is unbranded as far as we can tell but pretty big and it freezes ice cream from soft to frozen again in 12 hours. Both microwave and oven are not accessible with the slides in.

There's a rear air shock system but no sway bars. We plan to put them in when they come available but the new chassis doesn't have anything out yet as far as we know when we called around). Without the rear air shock system inflated appropriately, it did not feel safe to drive.

I think slides are hydraulic.

The seats don't swivel in the front!
OzmaofOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 10:01 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Chunker: Did you end up buying at 26T? I have owned this model since Sep. 2020. There are lost of positives, but like everything in life, there are compromises that go with every rv model. We do not regret the purchase. For anyone interested there is a long video review by Lichtsinn RV on YouTube that was helpful in our decision to put a deposit on the unit even before we could see it in person. Matt's RV reviews on YouTube also covered the Minnie Winne 26T. We owned ours by the time that review came out. I generally find his reviews entertaining and appreciate his hustle. However, if I had the capability, I would have done a rebuttal review to Matt's review because I think he missed some of the biggest plusses and minuses of the model. For example, in addition to the stove and the microwave being inaccessible with the salon slide in as OzmaofOz mentions above, one also has to remember to close the vent above the stove before the slide comes in. You really can't close it once you put your slide in. Overall it is a great rig for a cruising couple (and a couple of dogs). We really are not much bigger than a 25 footer and having a separate sitting area (we have the entertainment seats) apart from the settee with the space the slides create is fantastic. It really is pleasant to be inside and not tripping over your partner as you move around. If you still have questions let me know.
BrewRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 12:33 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewRy View Post
Chunker: Did you end up buying at 26T? I have owned this model since Sep. 2020. There are lost of positives, but like everything in life, there are compromises that go with every rv model. you move around. If you still have questions let me know.
No I finally got a chance to see one but felt cramped inside with little storage. I also didn't like the "break a bed" long with the very cramped bed and bath areas.The living area was OK but again little storage. My Raptor is for sale and when it does sell going to get a Thor Omni XG32.