Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-25-2019, 09:11 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Minnie Winnie black tank sensors

Hi, our new to us 2002 WF427P shows 2/3 or full all the time on the monitor even though it is empty. Tried several doses of enzymes and sensor cleaners to no avail. So I ordered some Horst black water tank sensors and crawled under and could not find the black tank! Found the grey and fresh and those sensors are fine. I checked the diagrams online but they just show the tank and not how to get to it. Can anybody help?
jhunter936 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 01:32 PM   #2
2015 Itasca Spirit 27QP

I have a newer (2015) Itasca Spirit 27QP, same as the Minnie Winnie 27Q, and it should be similar to your unit. In any case, the black tank should be directly below your toilet. Locate the bathroom roof vent outside and follow straight down to the ground. This is where the tank should be located. In my coach the toilet is located directly over the rear-most end of the tank. You should see 4 colored wires connected to screws on the side of the tank. These are your level indicators.

There is a device that is designed to spray the inside of the tank through the toilet hole and uses a garden hose connector with shutoff (Camco RV Flexible Swivel Stik with Shutoff Valve- Creates Powerful Cleaning Action that Dislodges and Flushes Stubborn Waste Deposits and Combats Odors (40074) )

I converted to the See Level tank gauge system on my coach. I don't recommend unless you are VERY handy as this is not an easy project.

Best wishes.
JoeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 05:45 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks for the tip, Joe.
So they are accessible from ground level? I'll look for it this weekend.
jhunter936 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 07:24 AM   #4
2015 Itasca Spirit 27QP

Yes. The black and gray tanks are strapped to the underside of the coach.

I don't know your exact layout, but if it's like mine, the freshwater tank is located under the bed. I put a piano hinge on the plywood cover that covers the tank. Under the cover is the freshwater tank, water pump, strainer and tank drain valve. So now I have a small storage area on top of the tank, right under the bed, and is used for extra sheets, blankets, paper towels, toilet paper and a small electric heater. Also under there is an accumulator for the water system so the pump runs only after about a quart of water is used, not every time the faucet is turned on.
JoeC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black tank, tank