Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-05-2018, 07:02 AM   #21
Winnebago Owner

Motts, How does the data measure up to the max numbers? Also, you said full tank of gas...did you also have the MH loaded up with gear and provisions as it would be heading out for a trip?
legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 01:19 PM   #22
Winnebago Owner

About 600# under on the steer axle
About 500# under on the drive axle
About 1000# under GVWR
About 4200# under GCWR

I was loaded for a weekend trip. Fresh, Gray and Black water tanks were all empty. That is how I will travel for the most part. I plan on adding 1/4 tank of fresh water at the next weigh in and I am going to try and get a individual wheel weight. I used the CAT App on my phone and it could not have been easier.

I will say my ride on Friday was an adventure. I did about 60 miles on I79 & I80 in some vary windy conditions. The unit was blowing allover the road and the push from Semi's was extremely noticeable. I ended up getting off the interstate early and the ride on the two lane roads was a little better. Sunday on the way home was a much better ride. I drove a little longer on the interstate and there is definitely some wander in the steering but it was manageable for now.

So, my plan is to leave the air pressure in the tires alone for now and have the motor home aligned and see how that works.

This was a check out trip for my unit. I am happy to say that all equipment and systems on the Minnie Winnie worked. The Ready Brute Elite/Currie tow bar set up was awesome, Thank You WeRmudfun. Also I am using the EEZ TPMS, and had no problems with it.

We did come back with a new list of items to buy, sorry UPS, HAHA.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180505_085743.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	507.7 KB
ID:	169540  
Motts461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 10:01 AM   #23
Winnebago Owner

Motts, My 31 K has rear air bags, I assume the 31G does also. The first "trip" which was to the RV dealer to have the inverter installed the MH wallowed like a ship at sea. When I got back I checked the pressure in the airbags at it would not register, my manual says a minimum of 20 pps, so I put 30 in.. I could not get to the valve stems on the rear to check the air pressure much less put on the TPMS I took off the TT. So the next trip was to the Ford dealer to have extended valve stems put on rear wheels; it rode much better and I chalk that up to the 30 lbs of air pressure. Did you have to make any mods to get access to the rear valve stems in order to add the TPMS.
Old 05-11-2018, 03:44 PM   #24
Winnebago Owner

Mine came with valve extensions. I ran with 70# in my airbags it's a starting point.
Old 05-12-2018, 07:42 AM   #25
Winnebago Owner

Im interested in how you feel the MH handled towing the Jeep.....did you feel enough power?
Old 05-12-2018, 04:55 PM   #26
Winnebago Owner

No problem at all. More than enough power for me and stopping was fine using the Ready Brute Elite set up. I pull a 40' goose neck trailer everyday at work so maybe I am accustomed to the handling of bigger vehicles and towing. I found that the jeep stays right behind the motorhome, I guess it can't go anywhere else. When you turn the turning radius of the motorhome is the biggest problem. Also if you are thinking of towing 4 down remember backing up is a no no so you have to plan your driving accordingly.
Old 05-13-2018, 07:49 AM   #27
Winnebago Owner

Im going to hold off on towing until next yar, too many moving parts just now, selling the Silverado I used to tow the TT, getting the MH all tricked out and then trying to decide how to go about gettin a toad...since the wife's Subaru cannot be towed. So i'll rent when necessary and look for a toad and the equipment to tow with.
Old 05-17-2018, 05:40 PM   #28
Winnebago Owner

Legolas, here is a picture from the internet of a 31G's outside TV location. As you can see it is in a enclosure that is specific for the TV. Do you have a outside cable port?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	maxresdefault.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	141.4 KB
ID:	169587  
Old 05-18-2018, 06:00 PM   #29
Winnebago Owner

Motts, I do have an outside cable port and electric just outside the door. We are heading out on Monday for the week, home on Friday so I will be testing fullup all systems. I believe that I can attache the bracket I have to the side of the MH with 4 short 3/4" screws. I will check first with WInnebago to be certain that there is no electrical or plumbing running inside the wall cavity.

I should have the cabinets from the cabinet maker by the end of June and then installed.
Old 05-26-2018, 01:40 PM   #30
Winnebago Owner

Our 31D handles like a dream on the road. (We logged 6200 miles over 11 weeks last Fall). I inflate the airbags to about 70, front tires at 65 and rear 70. We are at or slightly above GVWR towing a '02 HOnda CRV. Haven't had to make any mods, except it took awhile to find a place that knew how to install new chrome valve stems for the duallies. Our tiretraker system is now fully operational. I drove many miles by myself last Fall and never tired. Yes, in certain windy conditions you will feel it. But otherwise very smooth and no sway or pull.
TJFogelberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 05:52 PM   #31
Winnebago Owner

I had the alignment done on my Winnie and decided to do nothing. In other posts and boards they recommend 5+ on the caster and I felt mine was close enough. My 31G handles fine when not towing and OK when towing my Wrangler.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Minnie Winnie Allignment.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	204.2 KB
ID:	169689  
Old 06-06-2018, 07:31 PM   #32
Winnebago Camper

Keep us all posted on the search for a recliner. Would love to have two myself
Jandjstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 10:04 AM   #33
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandjstar View Post
Keep us all posted on the search for a recliner. Would love to have two myself
If the recliner comment is directed at me I have just about decided to stay with the couch. We have been out three times now and the couch has not been that uncomfortable. The wife uses it more than I do, especially in the evening when watching TV it's the perfect size for her to curl up on. Many times I come in and she's fallen asleep. She wouldn't be able to do that with a recliner, yes she could recline and that's cool but she much prefers the lying down. So, for now at least ….no recliners.
Old 07-01-2018, 04:13 PM   #34
Winnebago Owner

legolas, we just bought a couple of these to use with our couch.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	713khXIybTL._SL1500_.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	113.5 KB
ID:	169779  
Old 07-05-2018, 05:33 PM   #35
Winnebago Owner

Motts, Pretty click looking...are they comfortable.
Old 07-06-2018, 03:46 PM   #36
Winnebago Owner

We just got them. They are the right height for our legs on the couch. The tops are soft but overall are strong enough to sit on. A little pricey but what we were looking for. Do a search for puffs that is how we found them.