Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-06-2021, 03:09 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

MBUX System

Does anyone know if the MBUX Infotainment Center on the 2020 Navions would fit on a 2019 Navion? I've called Winnebago and cannot find anyone who knows knows anything about the MBUX or the Xite systems. I've also contacted a nearby dealer and so far no response.

My current Xite system is not functioning except for the rear camera and I cannot find a retailer with a nav/music system in stock.

Thanks, Bob
Skylake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 12:07 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Seems highly unlikely.

The MBUX system integrates with the dashboard, which changed with the 2019 Sprinter used in 2020 and later View/Navion models.

It also integrates with the active driving assistance features - that were added in the 2019 Sprinters.

MBUX is more than a navigation/media player - it's the core of the driver interface, with displays on the console and dashboard.

While it might be possible to put it into a different vehicle, a lot of changes would likely be required.

And then there's the small problem about the software. The software is managed by Mercedes and is tied to a specific vehicle/VIN. If someone tried to install an MBUX system, there's a strong possibility the software won't work and would never get updated.

A better choice would be a 3rd party nav/media player product that is designed for the aftermarket - and to be installed in vehicles after the factory vs. MBUX which is designed to be tightly integrated at the factory.
rprochnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 05:19 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for the comments. It was a long shot on a good fit, but I had to ask. I've picked a few aftermarket units that I'd like to use (Kenwood DNX775, 997), but I can't find anything "in stock," anywhere. I have an appointment at an authorized dealer to look at the Xite unit to see if they can fix it, but I'd really like to replace it if I can find an available replacement. It's been a problem since we bought the Navion. Thanks for your thoughts.

Bob
Old 05-07-2021, 07:19 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

If you can, recommend you get a unit that supports Android Auto or Apple CarPlay (depending upon your smartphone) - because that gives you access to more apps.

Our MBUX system supports Android Auto, and we use Google Maps for navigation instead of the built-in nav system. Google Maps uses up-to-date maps, including satellite maps, while the onboard system uses on board maps, which seem to be updated once or twice a year.
Old 05-08-2021, 05:54 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Good advice; thanks again. I haven't been using Android Auto with our Audi, but I'm starting to warm up to the idea. Finding a good system that doesn't have a built-in navigation system would certainly offer more options.
Bob
Old 05-08-2021, 06:13 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

Google has recently opened up Android Auto to allow more 3rd party applications. So you now have a choice of several navigation packages - Google Maps, Waze, TomTom Amigo, Sygic.

One frustration I have with the MBUX implementation is that the Android Auto map doesn't fill the entire display - which is probably something MB could fix with a software update. But we haven't seen a software update for the MBUX system since we received our View last June. [In that time, Tesla is sending us an update almost monthly...]