Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-14-2020, 07:29 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Angry LP Not Working!

I have a 2018 Navion. So far this year, I have not been able to get the LP to work - not on the stove, gen set, or water heater (cold showers are not fun!).

Both cutoff switches are on. I checked the Solenoid on the LP Tank and it was hot to the touch. Thinking that must not be normal, I found and installed a new Solenoid. Same results - Hot but no LP. The thumb screw on the valve is open and I can hear and feel a click when power is applied to the Solenoid.

Is there another valve that could have been shut off when the dealer winterized the coach (he is out of business and I cannot talk to them)?

The tank is full.

Any suggestions?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200619_145330.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	184.8 KB
ID:	174196  
pollockk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 10:03 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

There are some things that can mess with our minds and valves and solenoids that appear to be open when they are not, can be one of those, so I have to test when I get conflicting info.
So the test is pretty simple but also requires some thought to keep it from being dangerous.
One way to test the valves is to crack that brass fitting to see if propane comes out but that comes with a big hazard.
Warning:
You can actually hurt yourself really bad! Sometimes a trip to the repair place is much cheaper than a trip to the hospital? And certainly more fun.
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 10:29 AM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Still not working!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morich View Post
You can actually hurt yourself really bad! Sometimes a trip to the repair place is much cheaper than a trip to the hospital? And certainly more fun.
Thanks for the response...

Needless to say, I am not comfortable lying on my back opening a propane valve above my head. If i can't figure something out, I guess i will have to drive 2 hours to my new dealer. I was hoping that it was something simple that I could figure out and resolve myself...
pollockk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 10:59 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

My nearest dealer (where we bought our last two units) closed up last year, too. Now my 1 hour one way drive is going to be at least 3 hours one way, to the next nearest dealer. Probably doesn't help much, but I feel your pain.

Have you tried hitting the tank (gently?) with a hammer, in and around the exit points of the main valve? in case the runaway flow plug has been engaged? Or tried taking the vehicle out over a rough road to see if that shakes it loose? I don't know if these big fixed tanks even use that technology any more. Just a guess.
Winterbagoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 11:20 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

As an alternate and easier, how about a look at the parts catalog for anything else that might be stopping flow.
This gets you to the start of the parts but I think it requires downloading a 3D program that might not be worth it for a one time use
https://catalog3d.winnebagoind.com/menu/Parts.htm
There is a common item on all models which is something to look at before giving up. There seems to be the normal regulator(yellow arrow) but also what is listed as "Compartment lp reg horizontal" (blue arrow) looked it over?
Also there is an outside "remote fill" which may need a look?
Do you have something like the blue item in this picture?
Looking all along the line on various models, I see no other cutoffs or suspect items.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lp.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	174197  
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote