Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-30-2018, 05:50 AM   #21
Winnebago Owner

Sounds great! Thanks so much!
Hopeful1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 05:27 PM   #22
Winnebago Owner

Hopeful1, Saw our baby for the first time...love at first sight!! They did change the bedroom from our '13, but its doable for us.
The slides have changed! And they do need lubrication, but how often we will find out when we go thru orientation end of Sept (leaving for cabin soon so delayed pick up).
I'm so excited to get back on the road! Woo Hoo!!
Old 08-31-2018, 11:04 AM   #23
Winnebago Owner

Excellent!!! Please let me know what they say about the slide lube. Thanks!
Old 09-27-2018, 05:21 AM   #24
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful1 View Post
Excellent!!! Please let me know what they say about the slide lube. Thanks!
Hopeful1, took possession of our new Cambria yesterday! During walk thru, we asked about the slide lube and they advised not to use it. The slide is very different than the slide on our '13 Aspect. For lack of a better term, the teeth of the slide are closer together and I can see where dirt could really cause a problem. May buy some canned air to clean it that way tho.
Best part about our new rig??? It has built in surge protector...wired directly in. You can see the surge guard in the bay where the electrical cord is. After having a lightening strike close to our campsite years ago, we know first hand the importance of a surge guard...it literally put burn marks on the surge guard, didn't damage the electrical of the rig at all.
Hope this helps..
Old 09-27-2018, 08:14 AM   #25
Winnebago Owner

That's fantastic!!! Happy for y'all! Thanks for slide lube info. We've never lubed ours and as I recall, were told not to do so because of dirt, etc. Surge protector wonderful addition. We have one we plug into campground pedestal. Heading out this weekend for Michigan! Excited to leave Hurricane Florence behind us for a few weeks. Happy travels!
Old 10-17-2019, 11:53 AM   #26
Just Ama

I know I'm late to the party. We traded our 2008 36' Tiffin Phaeton in on a 2018 Aspect 30J. There were a few things we missed after having purchased it, but they were easily fixed. We live in Arizona. One AC was not cutting it, so we installed a second AC in the bedroom and took the Fantastic Fan that was there, and switched it out with the cheap bathroom fan. I don't know why Winnebago is adverse to putting in mirrored doors, but they don't have any full length mirrors anywhere. We bought an over the door mirror and it fit perfectly on the bathroom door. We also put a second mirror in the bathroom, over the Cabinet door, and added battery powered lights. The bathroom is too dark without a window, making it hard to shave or put on makeup. With the 'fixes' we've made, this RV is perfect for our 'old age' travels. Much easier to manuever as we lose driving skills with age. To sum it all up.. we LOVE it!
AzLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 01:26 PM   #27
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kdsgone2dogs View Post
Best part about our new rig??? It has built in surge protector...wired directly in. You can see the surge guard in the bay where the electrical cord is.
Hi, That built in surge protector is a plus BUT you still need a more complete electrical monitor AT THE PARK PEDESTAL.

Look at a Progressive Industries EMS-PT30X or PT50X. These not only protect your coach from surges entering your coach but inform you AND protect you from badly wired, shorted or insufficient voltage RV Park Power Pedestals.

Our 2017 Adventurer as the same built in "surge protection" but that's all it can do and it's just not enough.

While I've not had any appliances ruined by bad power, my Progressive PT50X has found pedestals with reversed polarity, bad circuit breakers, and massive voltage drops in the past two years of travel. In each case, the PT50X not only notified me of the issues but blocked the coach from receiving power from the bad pedestal. In each case we were able to move to a different site or they sent a repair man that fixed the issue with their pedestal on the spot.

The surge protector on your new RV is the bare minimum type of device - don't rely on it alone.

Sorry to be the barer of bad news.

Here's how it was presented to me when I asked this same question:
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f54/surge...ml#post4682591
Old 10-17-2019, 07:46 PM   #28
Winnebago Owner

Totally agree about surge protector at the pedestal. We don't plug in without our Progressive Industries protector plugged in first. Good investment and peace of mind. Enjoy your travels in the Aspect. We still love ours and heading out again in a few weeks!
Old 11-30-2020, 11:21 AM   #29
DBR
Winnebago Watcher

Great Machine

We bought ours with 12K miles. A great purchase. It is the ideal RV for a couple, Very comfortable. Why would Winnebago stop making this model?
DBR is offline   Reply With Quote