Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-01-2019, 08:47 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Looking for Outlook 22C, 22e, or 25j

We're looking for the class c motor home outlook 22c, 22e or 25j. I know they're more recent models, believe they came out in 2018. Willing to travel.
Thank you.
CantTakeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 08:56 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

I'm sorry, thought I was putting this on the wanted & for sale link!
Now that I'm here, was wondering if anyone knows dealers that are willing to negotiate & give the best prices for the outlook 22c, 22e, or 25j? I've been following a step by step site that shows you how to get the lowest prices, RV hive, it's very informative, professional, & helpful for first timers. We've been approved, just looking for the best prices! The similar type, size used winnebago's are more expensive than the newer outlooks! Thank you!
Old 05-05-2019, 01:33 AM   #3
Site Team

I purchased from Roy Robinson out here in Marysville, WA:
https://www.royrobinsonrv.com/rv-new...motorhome-cars
I see that you are in New York, but it might be interesting to compare the pricing out here on the 22C, 22E, & 25J. They also have the 22R & 22M at very good bargains. From whomever you do buy, I would recommend checking for the Dealership Gold Star Award on the Winnebago Main Web Site:
https://winnebagoind.com/dealer-locator/us-canada
Eagle5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 08:46 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Thanks so much Eagle5. Looks like you have the Winnie Minnie or Spirit 22 foot? Is the Outlook inferior in some ways to the Winnie Minnie or Spirit or just slightly different floor plans? Do you find the Ford 350 chassis is good enough to climb mountains, or the 450 would be better? We've been looking at the 25j outlook, which I believe the outlook came out again with new floor plans in 2018, but then started checking out the MW & Spirit floor plans for 25b, they look exactly the same. This is a lot to take in being new to all of this! Then I read some information on the Forest River sunseeker, even more confused now! Our friend brings his RV for repairs locally, the mechanics there swear by Winnebago, most importantly the fiberglass roof, has less over all problems, can get parts easily, he also rents, most of his rentals are Winnebago's. If you have anything to offer in way of conversation would greatly appreciate it. Sorry I'm all over the place, but my head is racing taking in all of this research information. Going to call Winnebago, few things I can't find out online, is there an outdoor shower? Are they set up for solar if need in the future, Is the Electric refrigerator, without being hooked up, good enough for boon docking at national parks? Thanks so much again!
Old 05-06-2019, 02:24 PM   #5
Site Team

Yes, I have a 2019 Minnie Winnie 22M.
The Outlook is a lesser-expensive version of the Spirit and the Minnie Winnie. Differences include things such as a membrane roof (rather than Fiberglass) and a shower curtain (rather than a glass door).
Regarding climbing power, the E-350 and the E-450 have the same engine, transmission, tires, wheels, and gear ratio, so all the same. The difference is the cargo capacity (1,280 Lb versus 4,200 Lb) and about 250 pounds of heavier frame, springs & shock absorbers. The Ring Gear also increases from 10½" to 10¾".
Check-out the cabinetry in the Minnie Winnie versus other manufacturers. I believe Winnebago does a better job with materials and fitment.
The 22M is neither set-up for an outdoor shower nor for solar hook-up.
The 8½ Ft3 fridge in the Minnie Winnie works wonderfully. It runs on Gas when not plugged in, and otherwise runs on 120 VAC power. It is very efficient.
As long as you have two coach batteries, you will be fine boon docking. The 4,000 watt generator is good for running the AC and/or the Microwave, and with LED lighting, your power should last very well.
Old 05-06-2019, 03:41 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Thank you soooo much Eagle5! This has been such a daunting task! I assumed the outlook had a fiberglass roof thinking all Winnebago's had them. I've found the WM, Spirit & Outlook to be comparable in price, it seemed they would have at least the same roof! They told me the WM & Spirit were exactly the same, are they? I called Winnebago marketing dept. today to ask many questions. So I guess you never have problems going up hills with the 350 chassis? It seems the 450 chassis start on the larger 27 ft. models. I believe the outside storage is larger cubic feet in the MW? If you can think of anything else that might help me in this pursuit would greatly appreciate it. Can't thank you enough!
Old 05-06-2019, 04:01 PM   #7
Site Team

Winnebago had special deals on the 22M for this season, so the Outlooks just aren't that much less expensive.
The ONLY difference between a Minnie Winnie and a Spirit is the name.
I have the E-450 Chassis. Because I plan to tow my boat and I have already carried my Motorcycle on the back, I would exceed the E-350 tonnage allowance with the towed boat or hauled bike. Here is an example cargo calculation:
360 Lb = people
105 Lb = dog
338 Lb = fresh water
450 Lb = Motorcycle on a VersaHaul
100 Lb = Food
150 Lb = Tools
150 Lb = Gear
1,653 Lb = Total
One more thing about the E-450; the rear track is 2" wider.
You cannot order an Outlook with an E-450 frame.
The E-350 and the E-450 have identical engines, transmissions, and final drive ratios (4.56:1), so they go up the hills the same.
The outside storage isn't huge, but it is enough.
Thanks.
Old 05-12-2019, 08:19 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantTakeit View Post
We're looking for the class c motor home outlook 22c, 22e or 25j. I know they're more recent models, believe they came out in 2018. Willing to travel.
Thank you.

I’m considering selling my 22C. Bought it 11 months ago, used very little. Thinking of going back to a Class A. I’m in Edmonton Alberta Canada.
estack is offline   Reply With Quote