Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-28-2019, 07:26 AM   #1
Minnie Winnie 31k team

Leveling options for 2018 31k

Hello all....been doing research on leveling options (ramps, blocks, wood planks, etc)...mixed reviews it seems. This will be my first foray on leveling and don't want to waste a lot of $$$. Any thoughts?....been thinking I might try some 2x12 planks cut to needed size for the tires...to start any way...thanks much.
mikecav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 07:40 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

I insist on leveling jacks but they are expensive so , next is blocks of various sorts. I like to keep several different types for different situations. The harder part is figuring the arrangement for each tire in each location!
My choice was always some short 4X4 long enough to go for the width of the tread, whether front or rear duals. Then second was to find some scrap 2X8,10 or wider to prop on the 4X as a ramp of sorts, trying to get them somewhat wider than the tread of that wheel as fitting them exactly right is pretty iffy. And there are some sites which require jacking one point up to get a stack placed under that wheel. I normally left one compartment dedicated to spare wood!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 07:58 AM   #3
Minnie Winnie 31k team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morich View Post
I insist on leveling jacks but they are expensive so , next is blocks of various sorts. I like to keep several different types for different situations. The harder part is figuring the arrangement for each tire in each location!
My choice was always some short 4X4 long enough to go for the width of the tread, whether front or rear duals. Then second was to find some scrap 2X8,10 or wider to prop on the 4X as a ramp of sorts, trying to get them somewhat wider than the tread of that wheel as fitting them exactly right is pretty iffy. And there are some sites which require jacking one point up to get a stack placed under that wheel. I normally left one compartment dedicated to spare wood!
Thx Morich....think I am going to start with some 2x12's wide enuff to cover the twin back tires and bevel the edge a 45 degree to make it easy to on ramp.....of course am always looking for level pads wherever I go but......
mikecav1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leveling