Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-11-2021, 11:25 AM   #1
DMAC007

kitchen counter replacement.

Hi All,
I am looking for help or suggestions with the following issue I have.

I had an unknown leak from my kitchen faucet and it warped the counter top board and the edging has lifted away. Is there an easy fix or is there a place I can purchase or order a replacement counter top? I have done some research and failed. So I am reaching out.

2004 Minnie Winnie 22'

Thanks
D.
DMAC007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 01:55 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Well, that's a bummer! But also not that impossible to deal, depending on how you are set and how you want to deal with the problem.
I'm a big dummy and have always done lots of dIY repairs, so that is one I know about but I'm not sure I would do it again!

The thing about this is there is not likely to be a ready made replacement to buy off the shelf as it has a bit of age and not that much call for getting 20 year old cabinets tops!

But to see what you "might" want, there are the parts drawings here:
This for the 2004 322E model:
https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...04/4wf322e.pdf

This for the 322R model:
https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...04/4wf322r.pdf

But they do both show up on page 101, depending which model you have, so some checking for stock might find something???
I would do a full search for Winnebago parts online and check a bunch of them if wanting to go that way, after getting the correct part number. You might also try just a search for the specific part number to see if you could get lucky!

But if more DIY inclined, I might look at how bowed it is and look at using a belt sander to level it and then do an overlay of new material. This requires removing the faucets and likely some trim but not terribly difficult if the damage is just the material swollen/bowed some. Is it paricle board that expands so much when wet? It does than require adding some surface to blend the whole into the RV and not very likely to find exact matches.

Have you done any laminate cabinet tops at any point? It becomes much easier as you gain experience and tools but it may also be better to have the top made and you do the less complex part of setting it in place.

Best of luck as it can get tricky. Mostly requires lots of dedication!
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 02:46 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Any place that makes counter tops for home use can make them for an RV. You could probably start at Lowes or Home Depot, some place like that, I expect they have a 'counter top guy' that can do it.
I would say the odds of buying a ready made one that fits are very slim, it's going to have to be something custom.
Old 11-17-2021, 07:54 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

I would call Winnebago first as they may surprise you since they have the cad drawings and even if the original Surell is not available they might be able to match it close enough.

Be mindful that to save weight the counters are not full thickness solid surface materiel but often just 1/8 inch Surell (Formicas form of Corian) over foam board with a brown Formica backer with some pressboard reinforcements in strategic locations and thicker Surell on the edges,

On a Minnie you'd want to be very careful to keep the weight down when replacing counters and cabinets.

How bad is it? Can you provide a picture?
Old 11-18-2021, 07:06 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

I second, cabinet guy, they are all over the place.
You can take the RV to them, they will measure and make and install. You may want to upgrade to a solid surface top, won’t have a warping issue and they look nicer.
pobstlmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 09:59 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by pobstlmo View Post
I second, cabinet guy, they are all over the place.
You can take the RV to them, they will measure and make and install. You may want to upgrade to a solid surface top, won’t have a warping issue and they look nicer.
They can also probably deal with the thickness issue if you discuss it with them. You'll also have some options as to your sink if you want to make any changes.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, replace, replacement