Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-26-2021, 09:33 AM   #41
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by crah View Post
Have you tried this mod and have feedback on its performance?

No, I took the same route as you and tried the RVAirFlow piece thinking I could modify it to fit but gave up on that. I posted one of the links and Simon started printing his up. We communicated a bit with the design (just me making suggestions based on the RV AirFlow piece in my hand) and he did the rest. He said it helped with his Vista and cut down on some of the sound as well. He's really good with his design software and was very open to some of the suggestions from others on some of the pieces he's created.
Old 07-26-2021, 09:52 AM   #42
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomB View Post
No, I took the same route as you and tried the RVAirFlow piece thinking I could modify it to fit but gave up on that. I posted one of the links and Simon started printing his up. We communicated a bit with the design (just me making suggestions based on the RV AirFlow piece in my hand) and he did the rest. He said it helped with his Vista and cut down on some of the sound as well. He's really good with his design software and was very open to some of the suggestions from others on some of the pieces he's created.
Thank you. Simon shipped mine out this morning. If I get it by Wednesday, I'll get it installed right away before I depart for a trip. Otherwise I will have to wait a couple of weeks for some feedback.
crah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 08:09 PM   #43
Winnie-Wise

So I've finally had some time to try and install the AC diverter that Simon makes. The diverter comes in 3 pieces and all 3 pieces fit into their spots exactly. The issue with the View (or my 2020) at least is that the ac plenum on the roof is off by 1.75 inches. I would have to move the AC forward by 1.75 inches but the front bolts have only 1 inch of travel. If I had enough space this would be an easy install. The 3 piece plenum by Simon could have 1 of the pieces modified to make it fit. I'm not sure I want to go through the effort as I have the homemade foam plenum I made reinstalled. If anyone wants pictures of the homemade plenum Install or the issue with Simon's install I had, I will gladly post.

Based on what I saw, I can see that every RV winnebago plenum could vary by a couple of inches during the assembly process.
Old 08-12-2021, 10:30 PM   #44
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Thanks for the follow up, heads up…
Old 08-13-2021, 05:57 AM   #45
'21 View 24J

Great info, thanks for the report.

With the variability in the production placement of the plenum, do you think RV AirFlow is going to have the same problem with a Winnebago solution? Or, have you got an opinion about something different about their design that compensates for the issue? Thanks.

Cheers,
Ontario Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 10:37 AM   #46
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ontario Don View Post
Great info, thanks for the report.

With the variability in the production placement of the plenum, do you think RV AirFlow is going to have the same problem with a Winnebago solution? Or, have you got an opinion about something different about their design that compensates for the issue? Thanks.

Cheers,
I think RV Airflow will account for the variance because they use a flange that meets up to the block foam. During my measurement process with RV Airflow, they noticed that my back bolts were protruding into the duct opening very slightly and told me I would have to shift my AC back slightly. Their Install instructions state that the AC may have to shift. Sounds hard or intimidating but really simple to do and can be done from inside the RV.

With Simon's pieces that are fabricated, it's basically similar to hard ductwork which doesn't allow for much variance.

My only fear is that RV Aiflow may kill this project. I see that some Winnebago models are coming out with the Truma AC units now and their main goal was to work with the OEM directly.

We shall see.

Tags
noise