Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-08-2018, 10:39 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

How to clean high gloss cabinets

I do not want to sound stupid here but I keep getting conflicting answers for cleaning my high gloss finish (cabinets and table) in my 2017 Winnebago view 24j. It is driving me crazy. How do u clean them without leaving water spots and or finger prints? HELP!
Tuck2family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 11:28 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Use glass cleaner, spritz it on and wipe it off. Use a soft cloth instead of paper towels. You can't get water spots if you wipe them off immediately. Fingerprints - well you do have to touch them to open them. You could wear light cotton gloves I suppose.

It's an RV, it gets dirty, it's noisy, it breaks, bugs attack you, the A/C make too much noise... Are you sure you want to participate in this life style?
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 11:38 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

We travel a lot. We love the convenience of it, I use the forum so I can ask questions to better enhance our trips and I want to be sure we are taking care of it as we should.

This isn't our first recreational vehicle, we have had travel trailer, Toy Hauler, 5th Wheel and Class A. Each fit our exact needs at the time, over our 30 years. Without noisy kids and teenagers in the car/rig its amazing the sounds you hear in your RV.

Currently we are empty nesters traveling when the business allows. This is the first one we have ever had issues with. There was a door problem, a wheel problem, our side door wouldn't lock or unlock, then the screen door wouldn't latch, currently our refrigerator isn't working on propane. All of which we just had repaired. Issues happen and the dealership has been great in the repair of each. We store it in one of our commercial buildings.

Like I said I didn't want to sound stupid, but I just didn't want to damage anything.
Tuck2family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 02:07 PM   #4
2016 Winnebago Navion 24J

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuck2family View Post
We travel a lot. We love the convenience of it, I use the forum so I can ask questions to better enhance our trips and I want to be sure we are taking care of it as we should.

This isn't our first recreational vehicle, we have had travel trailer, Toy Hauler, 5th Wheel and Class A. Each fit our exact needs at the time, over our 30 years. Without noisy kids and teenagers in the car/rig its amazing the sounds you hear in your RV.

Currently we are empty nesters traveling when the business allows. This is the first one we have ever had issues with. There was a door problem, a wheel problem, our side door wouldn't lock or unlock, then the screen door wouldn't latch, currently our refrigerator isn't working on propane. All of which we just had repaired. Issues happen and the dealership has been great in the repair of each. We store it in one of our commercial buildings.

Like I said I didn't want to sound stupid, but I just didn't want to damage anything.
We have the same unit as you... but a 2016 24J. We have also had the same minor problems.

The coach door contacts didn't match up properly between the door and the coach frame. I ran a collision shop for 25 years so I just relocated the coach contact plate.

The screen door is a very weird adjustment and took a lot of adjusting to get it right, and none made a lot of sense. I would think a better method could be found. I fixed it and has not been a issue since.

We had two propane problems. The first was a defective regulator and the line from the regulator to the LP tank. The line was way too long and had kinked because of it. I cut the fittings off and too the fittings to a hydraulic hose repair shop and they made me a much shorter version with the old fittings and new collars.

The second propane problem was a recall about a LP line at the tank was defective. I had already found it and replaced it at my expense.

The fridge problem was because of the previous propane issues. It went away when I addressed the other problems.

I also had a very loud squeaking noise from the coach door and found that the coach door striker/post was not centered in the coach door latch. I could see some rust debris on the striker which indicated metal to metal contact. I tried loosening it and moving the striker but it was as far as it would go in the desired direction. So I pulled out the "BFH" (Big F.. Hammer) and gave it a whack. Fixed! Warning don't hit it too hard and only if it only needs a small change.

Lastly, my wife is a neatnik! She uses only a damp rag and a soft dry towel. Two years later still looks new.

Roger
MrMarog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 06:45 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

We are kind of like Luvlabs in our response. We travel with a dog. He is hairy, german shepherd. It is frequently dirty and buggy outside because that's where we are. We clean the RV when we get home, we use it on the road. I agree the new shiny finish on the cabinets shows fingerprints - that means someone is using the thing. I know some people even take their waxes/protectants/cleaners on the road. Not us. On the road we are looking at the scenery, enjoying being somewhere and after our upcoming three month road trip we will clean it up when we get home. The only thing I really try to clean on trips is the windshield, that counts. We keep a little broom to sweep the floor, that's my job.
Kayak73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 09:24 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Get some Spray and Shine from your local auto parts store. Works fabulously on the high shine cabinets AND glass. Water beads off the glass. Smells clean, too
Kendorado is offline   Reply With Quote