Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-01-2018, 06:55 AM   #1
Winnie-Wise

How often does your Sprinter do a regen on emmissions?

My scangauge gives me a miles since last regen number. Mine went to 10k then added an A to the reset number and now it's showing B and a number. I'm thinking that is 2 failed attempts to do a full regen. So is this normal?
Old 10-01-2018, 08:02 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Most regens happen while you are driving and you will be completely unaware of them. Rarely, you will have a regen happening and interrupt it because you stopped the engine for some reason. This regen will normally resume, if needed, if operating conditions are correct.

Regens are often not required because the engine is operating under enough load to raise the exhaust temperature high enough to burn off the carbon.

You need to get more information on what the Scangauge is actually telling you before you start assuming failure. If you were having actual regen failures, you would be getting check engine lights and setting codes frequently. It doesn't sound like that is happening.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 10:22 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

I'll be checking with scan gauge... ty
Old 10-03-2018, 12:26 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

so far they suggested at scan gauge to check my programming of the DST function- it was correct so I'm now waiting a reply as to what to do next......
Old 10-03-2018, 03:29 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

well one of the two main reasons that I purchased the scan gauge is non functional. They removed the programing codes due to bad readings, their gauge does not recognize enough places as needed to keep track of the odometer. :(
Old 10-06-2018, 07:00 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

My BlueDriver scanner showed an average of 600(+) "kilometers. Larry 2014 Reyo P
ldfeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 09:22 AM   #7
Winnie-Wise

how do you like the BlueDriver?
Old 10-06-2018, 09:35 AM   #8
Winnie-Wise

seems BlueDriver does not have a listing for my 6cyl, 3500 chassis on the View. their tech told me it may work....
Old 10-06-2018, 10:57 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYBobbo View Post
how do you like the BlueDriver?
It's ok but does not report transmission temp (that I can see) and the engine oil temp always shows 32° F.
ldfeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 06:15 AM   #10
Winnie-Wise

ty I'll look around at the other gauges available
Old 10-09-2018, 04:20 AM   #11
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYBobbo View Post
well one of the two main reasons that I purchased the scan gauge is non functional. They removed the programing codes due to bad readings, their gauge does not recognize enough places as needed to keep track of the odometer. :(
Did scan gauge think this could be addressed in an update? Mine does the same thing.
Old 10-09-2018, 06:05 AM   #12
Winnie-Wise

I believe that the gauge itself has the limitation not the programming or they would have fixed the program... instead they removed the codes for "DST" from their list.
Old 10-09-2018, 04:06 PM   #13
Winnebago Owner

I experimented with the DPF percentage on my last trip. I could tell when it regenerated by that.
Old 10-11-2018, 10:04 AM   #14
Winnie-Wise

I'm going to try another OBD unit with iphone app. I'll post how it seems to work in the future.