Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-12-2019, 12:53 PM   #1
2017 Itasca Spirit 27Q.

How much would you say a transferable warranty on used 2016 class C is worth ?

Looking for opinions on "value" of a warranty on 2016 with 4 years and 62,000 miles left.

Thanks
Coachz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 02:10 PM   #2
Site Team

How much longer is the warranty? Most people won't pay "extra" for one that's not going to last them enough time to possibly to use it, in my opinion.
Old 07-12-2019, 02:33 PM   #3
2017 Itasca Spirit 27Q.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomB View Post
How much longer is the warranty? Most people won't pay "extra" for one that's not going to last them enough time to possibly to use it, in my opinion.
The post says 4 more years or 62000 more miles. So a decent amount left IMO but what value is it. Not sure what "brand" warranty but included wheels and tires as well. I generally wouldn't buy an extended warranty but trying to add it into my calculation on price to offer.
Thanks
Old 07-12-2019, 02:52 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

First of all, all extended warranties are tied to the vehicle and can not be transferred to a different vehicle.

Coachz, you should should read your extended warranty contract and discover a couple of things:

Is it transferrable to a new owner? If so, what is the transfer fee? Can you surrender the policy for a partial refund of what you paid for it? What does it cover? What is the deductible? What is the exact max mileage and exact end of coverage if miles not exceeded first dates of the contract?

You'll have a hard time getting anyone to pay extra for a RV you are selling due to the extended warranty without those details. In any case it is a small fraction of the value of your RV so it likely won't make any difference.

Good luck.
powercat_ras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 03:17 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coachz View Post
The post says 4 more years or 62000 more miles. So a decent amount left IMO but what value is it. Not sure what "brand" warranty but included wheels and tires as well. I generally wouldn't buy an extended warranty but trying to add it into my calculation on price to offer.
Thanks
I swear it wasn't there when I commented? Was it?
Old 07-12-2019, 03:43 PM   #6
2017 Itasca Spirit 27Q.

It is on a coach that I am looking at to purchase and not one that I own, so I can not answer any of those questions. they put it in as part of their add so I would think that it is transferable.
So for example if it is transferable is it worth an extra $500, $1000 or whatever on a say $50,000 used class c?

thanks for the replies.
Old 07-22-2019, 06:46 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

I’d pay more for a unit if it had a transferable extended warranty. It would be “worth” an additional $500 to $1000 to me. Depends on the details of the warranty. Ask the seller for the policy number and see if you can get a copy of the contract.

Tags
class c