Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-24-2019, 04:46 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

How do you carry lounge & camp chairs in a View?

Hi All. I'm new here. I've searched, but haven't found an answer to this particular question. We have a 2012 View 24J. We carry 2 folding lounge chairs and 2 folding camp chairs. The lounge chairs first go in big plastic garbage bags to keep them clean, then on a hanger on the rear ladder, then get strapped down with bungees (total pain). The camp chairs have their own stuff sacks, and go in the larger passenger side storage bin (where they eat up a lot of space). I've looked for something to put in the receiver, but all I've found are 2' x 4' storage trays, and we're reluctant to add the length. Has anyone else come up with a great storage or carrying solution - store-bought or home-made? Thanks!
paul2887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 08:58 PM   #2
Ed & Lynn

If you don't tow anything, these work great.
https://www.harborfreight.com/500-lb...ier-92655.html
CoastalEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 09:52 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

I bought my 2009 View in August last year. I soon realized that secure storage of chairs etc was going to present a problem. In our travel trailer, everything fitted between the end of the bed and the wall. The previous owner if my View showed me how to fasten the canvas directors chairs behind each driving seat, securing with bungee cords. I did this with one zero gravity lounger and one canvas chair behind each seat. If anyone has a better idea, please share.
Katy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 10:24 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

2018 view 24v we carry 4 chairs 2 low 2 high all on ladder racks stop wrapping them up they all travel well in weather bungees are a bit of a pain but necessary
TN VIEWer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 08:40 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

We carry two zero gravity and two bag chairs under the bed through the side door. In the toad we carryied two folding director chairs on our last trip because we had our daughter , husband and grandson along. Basicl the bag chairs are only for drop by's.
Mike Owens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 05:38 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

we had 2 folding chairs in the belly storage where the inverter is

Lounge chairs (2) will go in the shower, with the clothes hamper. easily moved, on the rare occasion you use the view shower
Old 03-31-2019, 06:02 PM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

I always hate to be ignorant, but where's the "belly storage" on a View? Seems like I've found all the hidden storage areas. And we use our shower almost daily when we travel - I gather you use the ones at the campgrounds? Thanks for the help!
Old 03-31-2019, 06:03 PM   #8
Winnebago Watcher

Just to be clear, you don't bother covering the chairs? And they've been okay? That would be a big help by itself! Thanks
Old 03-31-2019, 08:12 PM   #9
bkg
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul2887 View Post
I always hate to be ignorant, but where's the "belly storage" on a View? Seems like I've found all the hidden storage areas.
Belly storage is the storage areas that are below the coach floor level. Depending on floorplan there is typically at least one on each side that have the doors that swing up like gull wings.
Some floorplans have standard storage compartment at floor level that is typically under a bed or dinette.

For us, we use only bags chairs and we store them in the belly storage just past the coach entrance step (location of the inverter). The area is about 40 inches long in our 24V and we can easily stack 6 bag chairs, 5 if we take the ones with the footrest attachment. We also toss our patio mat in there.

We have a couple zero gravity lounge chairs and sometime stow those in our toad but honestly I'm very comfy in a camp bag chair. It's not worth the hassle of the zero gravity. With the bag chair it's a lot easier to stow away back in the compartment or just under the coach, no covering needed. The zero gravity usually gets stowed back in the toad for overnight.

Bobby
Old 04-03-2019, 09:59 AM   #10
Winnie-Wise

The few times I didn't take my toad with me, I just threw the chairs on the bed. They don't move, they don't rattle, they stay clean, and they do not obstruct the aisles.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote