Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-24-2021, 06:52 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Full Body Paint w/ Clear Protective Film

Ordered this on my new View 24D. In my owners packet in an clear envelope with touch up paint is info on the 3M paint protective film.

Problem is I don’t see any - anywhere. Ive had cars with PF and it’s clearly there with seams if you look for them. Touch up paint has to be after PF is removed. Instructions on the paint are for it to be applied directly. There are paint lines in the molding on the window frame where it was masked off. No PF seams anywhere.

What am is missing besides the protective film?
37NG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 09:34 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

The protective film on my Suncruiser 37F is only on the front of the MH for the entire area below the windshield. I wish it wasn't there. It molds and discolors in the Florida heat and humidity and is a tedious job to remove.
Mtn Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 06:29 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn Charlie View Post
The protective film on my Suncruiser 37F is only on the front of the MH for the entire area below the windshield. I wish it wasn't there. It molds and discolors in the Florida heat and humidity and is a tedious job to remove.
The protective film is designed to protect the paint on the frontal surfaces and does a decent job doing that, Not having it will result in paint chipping and damages. Cost to repaint the front is far less than film replacement. Don't use inappropriate material on it to try to clean or preserve. If possible put some form of bra/mask over the front in storage to keep the sun's rays from acceleration the deterioration. It doesn't mold but mold/mildew can get under it it becomes damaged such as a chip that penetrates.

Tags
paint