Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-27-2022, 09:48 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Fueling Splash Back Itasca Viva

I have a 2014 Itasca Viva 23B. To fuel I have to hold the fuel nozzle almost completely out of the tank neck and can only depress the handle half way. If I sink the nozzle completely into the neck and fully depress the handle the fuel splash back causes the fuel pump to turn off. It takes me an ungodly length of time to fuel! Solutions please????
TheLadyE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2023, 09:06 AM   #2
Site Team

Greetings TheLadyE,
Sometimes some particular stations have touchy refueling nozzles. Does it happen at all stations?
Welcome to the forum.
Eagle5
Old 01-15-2023, 09:59 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Welcome,
I would look at two things, both will require looking at the underside of your coach. First find and track down the "vent" tube this may run the same path as the fuel line. Make sure there are no kinks sharp bends in the line. I had one coach that to fill it I had to lower the passenger sides jacks to tilt the coach. I later found out that the vent tube (line) developed a kink thus did not provide the proper vent. I fixed the line and no more problem. By the way you explained how you have to fill, I bet its the vent tube.

You might also want to check the fill tube for the same thing.
be happy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuel, itasca