Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-07-2020, 10:05 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Fuel Sending Unit

Hi All -

I'm new to this forum and have just inherited a 1979 Dodge Minnie Winnie. I put two new tires on the front, new battery, ten gallons of gas, ready to drive it to my place and couldn't get gas to the engine. Set up a fuel line to a couple 5 gallon cans of gas that got me home. Once home I dropped the tank and you wouldn't believe what was in the tank...and the smell was pretty bad. Turns out the fuel sending unit is gummed up. I'll have to figure out how to get a picture of it on here. After going to the Dodge dealer for the part number (4075384) and hours of searches on-line I found that Dan at Tri-Star Radiators will rebuild it for $229 plus shipping each way. Beside the cost, the main problem is the four weeks plus a week shipping each way. My question to you all is, are there any other options?
Droup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 12:00 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

That seems expensive to me. A search on NAPA's website shows a price shy of $100.00 for Dodge one ton B300 sending unit.

I'm assuming you'll be in for cleaning the tank and a new filter and pump too?
MinntoMich is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuel