Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-10-2019, 03:22 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Found a New 2019 22m for $56500-great time to buy !

With the 2020's hitting the street you may find a great deal on a new 2018 or 2019. We live in AZ and were in the market for something smaller having sold our Gulf Stream Crescendo Class A 2 yrs ago. Didn't want a Mercedes chassis, you cant get them worked on, EGR problems and DEF Fluid. Did the math for 10mpg or 15mpg and for a 3k trip you will pay about $300 more for a 10mpg gas rig and no DEF Fluid, Clogged Fuel Filters or LP Gas Generator.
Anyway, we decided we wanted a new Minnie Winnie 24M (Walk around Queen Bed and Super Dinette) hoping for all the bells and whistles. Found several within 700 miles. 2019 New prices ranging from list as low as $63,995, which is cheaper than some used 2018's that were rentals ! As in Fishing and requesting best price/offer we got a new 2019 24M loaded at Camping World Lubbock for $55,600 or $60,550 out the door. Will be picking up Wed which was the earliest date to get a flight from Tucson under $300. Will followup on delivery condition and dealer treatment soon. Deals can be found, just keep looking and be patient but ready to pounce on the winning deal.
To you all, Best Regards Always, Robert and Emma
TATANKA01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 03:43 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I didn't know the Minnie Winnie lineup had a 24M. None show up on rvtrader.com or the Winnebago site.
TJFogelberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 04:23 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjfogelberg View Post
i didn't know the minnie winnie lineup had a 24m. None show up on rvtrader.com or the winnebago site.
typo its a 24 ft long 22m model not 24m. Sorry for the confusion.
Old 06-10-2019, 05:22 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Dealer walk through

Don't let the dealer rush you to sign the paperwork before you spend at least an hour going through the RV and inspecting/testing as much as possible.
If you run into any issues after purchase, try to go to Forest City for service if it is more than 1 item. Good luck!
Old 06-10-2019, 05:28 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

I will spend hours going over it after having studied all the manuals and things online. I will camp at their campground the first night as i arrive at 3 in the afternoon and will park at the service entrance if i find anything at all wrong. The class a we bought new in 2008 was delivered and i had to send it back to the factory for 34 items........but gulf stream paid for all and sent a driver and returned it (3000 miles r/t)
Old 06-10-2019, 08:26 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Those are great 22M prices on a great Winnebago Class C. IMHO go for it.

- Large tanks (including the propane tank)
- Great Ford chassis that can be maintained/fixed all over the U.S. at reasonable prices
- Walk around queen bed

IAW ... a small but mighty little RV.

(For more ruggedness and reliabiltiy, consider the E450 chassis under it instead of the E350 chassis.)

P.S. We still love our E450 based Spirit 24V ... after owning it 13 years!
Phil G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 08:59 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

There's a current IRV2 thread on a binding arbitration clause in an RV purchase agreement. Be careful your's doesn't have one, especially since you're purchasing new. In many cases you can avoid signing it if it's in a separate document or deleting it if it's part of the contract. In the example cited, I believe the clause even made the purchaser responsible for the fee:

Advanced RV centers and the Arbitration clause. - iRV2 Forums
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 10:44 AM   #8
Site Team

Go into this knowing that Camping World has among the worst reputation for RV sales tactics.

Low prices come with all sorts of conditions. Like, MUST finance with them, MUST buy their Service Contract, MUST buy paint/fabric/tire protection, etc. And, when you say no to these conditions the low price disappears.

Also, CW have a reputation for shady dealings with the closing paperwork. People report that they suddenly owe $10,000 more than the deal they arranged.

Not all CWs are equally bad, but you need to do a search of the internet on Camping World "scams." It will open your eyes.

https://www.google.com/search?client...ingworld+scams
Old 06-11-2019, 03:35 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Wow! That is a great price on that Winnie. Be sure to wear some old clothes and look UNDER your new unit as well prior to signing on the dotted line. Your looking for excessive rusting where it shouldn't be. I had a fun time under my new Winnie, scraping, brushing, and treating all that rust that was there when I took ownership on my NEW one. Winnebago says it's not a warranty item even if it's there while still on the dealers lot. Otherwise, we love ours, although after a short while it does get a bit small.....
TonyOIB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 04:53 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Hi Robert
My wife and I are considering doing exactly the same thing as you guys. We have a Winnebago Adventurer and have been looking at the 22M. I will be very interested in how it goes with the downsize and how you like the new motorhome. Please keep us posted with your progress...take care....Clint
airmoore1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 07:44 PM   #11
Winnebago Owner

After Sale - Our 22m Minnie Winnie

Flew to dealer in Lubbock and Salesman picked me up at airport. Had no issues with anybody........John Keys absolutely the best !! F+I Jordan was new there from a Mitsubishi Dealership and applied absolutely no pressure. Price was locked in and no questions were raised about my own financing with check in hand for out the door price which was about $4000 more including registration in AZ, Sales Tax and State Inspection.
Tech expert JR walked me through demonstration and answered all my questions professionally . Crawled around inside the storage and underneath and no rust except on the front spindles which come from the factory bare metal. Took test drive with John Keys and it performed way above my expectations. I left with a full tank of gas, full propane, starter kit (items you need to camp in a 5 gal bucket) and headed out to the highway to my first stop at Holloman AFB NM. On the road I varied my speed from 60-70 and found home at 65 where the engine is turning 2200rpm (about 80% torque available)
I went through many small towns and up to almost 9000 feet in the mountains before you drop down to Holloman . I got gas in las cruces for $248/gal and mileage calculated out to better than 10 MPG.

So far we are loving it !, no problems, great experience at Camping World Lubbock and the coach rides quiet, smooth and is very comfortable and easy to handle. Hope you all find answers to your questions, keep them coming and I will be keeping you posted.
Old 06-17-2019, 10:02 AM   #12
Winnebago Owner

Congratulation! The 22M should be very nimble for you in the mountains. With the 31D and our '02 Honda CRV in tow, we average between 8-9 MPG. Costco price currently 2.519. This is a great life style...enjoy.