Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-27-2021, 02:02 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Ford 5R110W transmission shift 'clunk'

I have a 2014 Minnie Winnie 31k that I bought used in 2017 with 15k miles. There was an emission recall - it might be recall 15E05 that I found mentioned in another post for the V10. I had to get the recall done in order to register the MH in Ca. so I did. I only had it for a few weeks before I got the recall done and hadn't really driven it too far but when I got it back it seemed to shift harder - like a cluck - at very low speed when shift from 1-2. I couldn't be sure if it was different than before I brought it in but figured if it was different it was due to the reprogramming. I now have 37k miles on it and it doesn't seem to have any issues. Fluid is clean - doesn't smell - it just seems to shifts harder in 1-2 shift - everything else is normal.
I am selling the Class C as I want to move up to a Class A and fulltime. A guy came to test drive it and really likes the RV but is very concerned about the transmission shift. Has anyone else experienced this hard shift scenario? Thanks for your replies.
moikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 12:02 AM   #2
Site Team

Hi Moikey,
I am not seeing any related posts in this Forum, but on other forums, I found this:
https://www.powerstrokenation.com/th...n-only.511793/
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...ues-5r110.html
It seems like four things might be helpful:
  1. Get the error codes from the on-board computer to see if a transmission fault is detected.
  2. If no code, then disconnect the coach battery for 20 minutes, then reconnect the battery (resetting the transmission learned shift-points)
  3. A fluid change with Mercon LV.
  4. A certified mechanic.
Welcome to the Forum.
Eagle5
Old 06-28-2021, 11:30 AM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks Eagle5. I've got a Craftsman scanner and it's not showing any codes. I'll try the battery disconnect next and post the results.
moikey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ford