Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-12-2021, 03:21 PM   #21
Winnie-Wise

I've discovered that my 55MPH stayed locked on 55 driving in Nevada or California. When I drive in Utah, it displays actual.

Doesn't make much sense but seems it's based on state.
Old 07-12-2021, 03:40 PM   #22
Winnebago Owner

I'd love to see a solution to this issue. I did the manual updates for maps bring me up to date. I hate when an expensive system doesn't work as it should.
Sparky19053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 10:55 AM   #23
Winnebago Master

There are evidently different configurations of Sprinter - and the max speed limit in some states is determined by the configuration.

The RVs are not commercial vehicles and aren't supposed to be limited by commercial truck speed limits.

Our View (2019 Sprinter) showed correct speed limits in Colorado and New Mexico on our last road trip - but was still limited to 65 MPH in TX.

Mercedes serviced tried to change the configuration settings for our View (again) at our appointment last month - and we'll test that next week during our next road trip in TX.

This is something Winnebago should work out with Mercedes - to get the chassis configurations set correctly for RVs.

Another setting that should be changed is preventing use of the rear view camera while driving. Since the rear-view mirror in an RV is completely useless (we had ours removed - so it doesn't interfere with the windshield cover), it is legal to have the rear view camera operating while the vehicle is in motion. Mercedes should be able to change the MBUX software so RVs can use the rear view camera - and see directly behind them while driving (and help with the huge blind spot when someone is following directly behind).
rprochnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2022, 01:14 PM   #24
Winnebago Watcher

The MBUX system seems to only display 55MPH when your map is out of date for the region you happen to be in. Now, here's the kicker; MB only pushes Over the air map updates to one region that you have set as your "home region". Your home region can be changed on the mercedes.me website once you have your vehicle set up in there. All other regions of the USA, Mexico, and Canada can only be updated to the latest version via a download to a USB stick on your home computer (or laptop) and then uploaded into the MBUX system via that flashdrive. The process is a bit clunky but it does work. I just did mine, and reset my home region to the northeast. A quick drive and my display now reads correctly. Also, a MB dealer should be able to do the update of all regions USA + Canada & Mexico as well.
SABLT194 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dash, view