Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-12-2020, 02:44 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Fitting an outdoor kitchen in my storage compartment.

Good evening all. I own a Minnie Winnie 31K, 2018 model. The only thing I really miss with this model compared to my last travel trailer is an outdoor kitchen. I used that a lot. Does anyone know if there is an after market setup for an outdoor kitchen that could be adapted to fit in one of the long slim storage compartments so that it could slide in and out, sort of?
Looking forward to your replies. Steve
Steeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 07:32 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

It sounds to me like it's time to dust off your DIY skills and start designing...
SLOweather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 04:11 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Just looked at a picture of the Minnie Winnie 31K, 2018 and it looks like you only have a couple very short doors to the bays.

I would start with looking into the slide out systems used on both class A's and 5thwheels. I had a friend that had a roll out system on his 5th wheel and it seemed to work ok. The problem is going to be the height for everything. I would think about all you are going to get is a stove top.

Good luck keep us posted on what you come up with
be happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 09:51 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

What features specifically are you looking for? Some are just a electric hotplate/stovetop that hangs on a bracket mounted on the sidewall while others have a sink, running water, gas stove with oven, microwave, cookware storage, etc, etc. There use to be hitch mounted camp kitchen units available that were quite functional however I have not seen those lately.

Instead of mounting something permanently I just have a small roll-up table that I can put a two burner electric hot plate on. This does not permanently consume one particular space in the basement storage and I have the flexibility to move it around as situations change.
Old 07-15-2020, 09:06 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Morryde Industries makes custom sized sliding trays that hold a lot of weight if you might want to start there.
Winnefredo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 04:05 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Good morning all, from the shores of Prince Edward Island, Canada. It has been a while since my last post, busy with life I guess.
As it relates to my issue with not having an outdoor kitchen, problem solved...... well at least to a point. I purchased a folding table from Amazon which is taking care of my issue while cooking outside. I love this thing. For just a bit over $100, I got a sturdy well built table that fits perfect into one of my slim storage compartments, when folded. When opened, I get all the holding space I ever needed and a strong surface to put my griddle on and all the cooking hardware and ingredients. Check it out at https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Steeve is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, storage