Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-17-2020, 11:40 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

First trip out and some questions

So as mentioned elsewhere we recently purchased a new to us 2015 Minnie Winnie 25B. This last weekend we took it out for the first time to the local state park and had a great time.

So all the little things that came up I was able to figure out with prior knowledge of owning tongue trailers and 5th wheels, and those I couldn't figure out the giant manual made for some light reading

Anyways one question I have is how to adjust the pitch on automatic awning? Me being 6'3" those bars are pretty sore when running into. Any tips?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200614_162214778.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	554.2 KB
ID:	173975  
Chadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 12:09 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Not clear to me what brand awning you have, but - your manual may have a description, and an on-line search can add details. In general, you may see three or four holes in the primary awning arm (sometimes labeled A, B, C, D). These holes allow the secondary arm (smaller one) to be moved to increase / decrease pitch.

Please do check your manuals / on-line before trying to adjust - there is a significant 'pinch' hazard...

Nice to see you enjoying the great outdoors ...
Old 06-19-2020, 02:45 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

When I had an automatic awning, on each main bar there was a series of holes. I do not remember the number, by pushing in the spring loaded pin you could change the height of the awning and side to side pitch. The mfg. stated that to roll up the awning the pins should be in the same hole on each side of the awning. If more than 2or 3 off could cause damage.
be happy is offline   Reply With Quote