Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-29-2021, 06:45 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Exterior "shoe" Storage Locker Leak | 22R

Hi gang,

I've been reading through a bunch of the "leak" posts on the site, but I haven't seen anything that quite resembles what I've observed.

This is the exterior locker to the left of the side door (which would be below the kitchen sink) that I'm referring to.

Over the last several months of constant use, we have seen up to an inch of water accumulate in this locker.

I've checked under the sink and see no signs of water there. Additionally, we've had the lines blown out for the winter, so I don't think what I'm seeing now is from a sink leak.

Without having driven in the last few months, I'm seeing what would be best described as condensation in the locker.

In giving the locker a close look, it gives the impression that somehow water might have pooled on top of the locker and cause corrosion that might be causing this.

I'll be re-caulking the whole thing shortly, but I'm wondering if anyone has had water accumulate on top of the locker before, and what did you do about it? I can only assume that it is from road spray from some of the extended driving we have been doing?

Thanks for your thoughts!

Edit: Added a few photos (though they aren't great, they do show the corrosion on the top of the compartment).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210328_152542.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	340.5 KB
ID:	178141   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210328_152557.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	244.5 KB
ID:	178142  

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210328_152603.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	217.1 KB
ID:	178143  
Old 03-30-2021, 02:12 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I had a similar problem where the water pump connection had failed. The water pump was just above an exterior compartment and gravity delivered it there.

I replaced the pump and in all about 4 fittings that looked, suspect. I also replaced my city water fill valve while I was at it. Both water heater check valves were replaced earlier in the year because of an irritating chatter.

These actions fixed my problem. I used Sharkbite fittings to include "push to connect" as well as pinch crimps.

Trace your plumbing diagrams here:
https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File.../000039720.pdf
Old 03-30-2021, 05:42 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for the link to those plumbing diagrams. Those could come in handy!

Tags
leak, storage