Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-17-2022, 02:07 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Entry door window

I'm looking to replace the window in the entry door of my rig. I've watched several videos online and it seems this window of mine is rather unique. Its in a 2002 Minnie24F and it appears that it is double paned. The seal has broken and the space between the two pieces is nasty. Has anyone replaced a similar entry door window? If so, where did you get the replacement. Or if you could explain how you did that. Thanks a lot.
Mazman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2022, 06:36 PM   #2
RVCalypso

I watched a YouTube video with Pappa Drew and JonesN2Travel replacing a door window. The Window was by Slim Shade. It has clear glass with a shade in between the panes. The video can be viewed here:

Hope it helps.
gurroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2022, 07:59 PM   #3
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurroz View Post
I watched a YouTube video with Pappa Drew and JonesN2Travel replacing a door window. The Window was by Slim Shade. It has clear glass with a shade in between the panes. The video can be viewed here:

Hope it helps.
Poor guys. That was painful to watch.
It’s a simple install, to replace a LIPPERT door window with a LIPPERT Slim shade.
But there are two versions. One with screws, (as in that video above), and one that just snaps into place. It’s depends on what current model you have.

Here’s a video I did on the two different models. Slim Shade vs. a Thin Shade.

https://vimeo.com/503283441

Mine iS NOT an Install video. Lippert did a good one here:

https://youtu.be/eluShJIRNx0

Anyway, it’s a simply install. I did mine myself in about 45 minutes.

And it is NOT a shade between the glass, it’s on the inside of the coach. Watch my video why I installed it upside down…
Old 02-17-2022, 09:09 PM   #4
RVCalypso

Wyatt, thanks for the clarification. I viewed the video I posted over a year ago. It seemed like they struggled with the installation, however, beer may have been involved.
gurroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2022, 10:23 PM   #5
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurroz View Post
Wyatt, thanks for the clarification. I viewed the video I posted over a year ago. It seemed like they struggled with the installation, however, beer may have been involved.
Yeah, I’m not sure any of what I posted will help him. If he REALLY does have a dual pane glass door window, the Lippert upgrade may not be an option at all—don’t know…

Tags
door, window